|94|

Jiro waited for her answer. But the first thing she said was, "I need space."

"I need space because you are too close. I can't breath."

"Oh sorry." Then Jiro moved a step back.

"Thank you." Then she made a sharp breath, "Myghad. I'm not sure earlier if you are asking me or are you going to kiss me?"

Jiro can’t help but laugh. He gave her the "space" that she needed, and time. Kei on the other hand noticed that Jiro is still standing on the same spot, not moving nor talking.

She looked at him and his face looked like a child waiting for a candy. She then realized that he must have been waiting for her.

Kei cleared her throat and asked, "Are you sure about it? Final answer? I'm still giving you a chance to back out. You know that I won't force you on something..."

"Hand me your phone." He interrupted trying his best to hide his frustration at how dense this small woman is.

"Why?" Kei asked. But looking at his serious face, she then decided to just follow his request. "You're acting weird today." She then hands him her phone.

Jiro grabbed Kei's phone and looked at it for a couple of seconds, thinking. "Geez! I don't know her passcode. Hmm, okay plan B." He thought to himself, not wanting to lose his cool. Not in front of the woman he's confessing with.

Kei on the other hand ogled to see what he is doing. Jiro swiftly proceeded to Kei's camera app and pressed the record button.

"Hi. This is Jiro Young, 33 years old, residing in Lahug, Cebu City, with license number #516993--."

Kei cut him in when she realized what he's trying to pull off and said, "Hey, why are you mentioning your..." But Jiro interrupted her also.

"Receipt for future purposes. Will this be enough to show you I am serious? Or should I do something bolder? Should I stand on that platform and say what I wanted to say?" Jiro insisted with the most serious look Kei has ever seen him make.

Kei was speechless. But seeing how serious he is, "Okay, okay. I believe you now."

Only then did Jiro relax. He was afraid Kei won't stop him and luckily she did.

"The pasabuy thing was actually the beginning of me expressing my feelings for you. But things didn't work out as planned as you are here too. Yet instead of waiting for another perfect moment to do it, I'll just make do with the current situation." Jiro looked at her in his most loving gaze.

"Kei, this might be the 'fast ETA' I'm pertaining to. I may have only known you for quite some time but believe me when I say that my intention is clear and I'm serious about dating you... for real."

He then extended his hand, asking for hers, and when Kei gave hers, he placed it above his chest.

"Can you feel it?" He asked. Kei just remained silent, overwhelmed.

"This heart... my lady. You just made this cardiothoracic surgeon's heart beat erratically for you. So take charge."