|41| fluffy pillow

Kei then marched to the room where Jiro is staying. She knew where because she and Dave acted like a concierge earlier too.

She knocked to acknowledge her presence and opened the door, "Patient #1616 here, Doc." Kei started but was caught off guard when he saw him reclining on the swivel chair with the head leaning on the headrest and eyes closed, still in his scrub suit.

Upon hearing her voice, Jiro then slowly opened his eyes and smiled. He surely looked drained.

"I can ask Dave to administer the shot for me. You look dead tired." Kei uttered worriedly. She was about to close the door when Jiro stopped her.

"No, no, I'm okay, I was just closing my eyes due to the strain but I'm good. Come here." He instructed her to take the seat beside him. He then rolled up her sleeves carefully, making sure that his fingertips won't touch her skin.

But his effort went to waste as it still brushed her skin lightly. Kei felt the sensation and had goosebumps, "Opps, maybe it's just cold here." she said as an excuse.

Jiro proceeded and took the syringe from the stainless tray.

"Okay, here's your last shot," Jiro said as he gently sanitized the inoculation arm. Kei automatically looked away. But this time, she no longer panicked and was comfortable with her vaccination.

"I guess seeing people getting vaccinated outside has put you at ease this time?" Jiro smiled at her while he threw the syringe properly in the bin as he looked at his last patient and filled up her vaccination card, completing all three doses.

"I think it is more like, I trust the doctor administering my shot ~ tall, capable, and handsome," Kei replied confidently while smiling cutely at Jiro which the latter reciprocated.

"Lucky for you, there are no food restrictions after this. You can eat whatever you want later." Jiro responded casually.

"Wait here, I'll just get something." Kei then sprinted out leaving Jiro confused. "She moves as if she didn't get a shot. Good!" Jiro thought then started massaging his neck to relieve the strain due to the series of surgeries he made today.

They may just be minor surgeries but the number is overwhelming. There were actually twenty doctors and he was assigned with the more serious once as he was the only fellow there. Luckily, he finished his assigned operations earlier than planned.

After clearing his table, he again heard a knock and saw Kei carrying a blue fluffy throw pillow.

"Lie down on the couch and use my pillow. You drove for four hours and you immediately went for surgeries, fourteen minor surgeries to be exact. Bye!" Kei place the pillow on the table and was about to head out when Jiro took her hand.

"Thank you... But I'm done here too, I'm also heading out..." Jiro said with droopy eyes and then stood up. He knows that he is not the only one tired so there's no need to "baby" this muscle strain.

Jiro strode towards the door with Kei, however, the latter gently pushed him to the couch that made Jiro slump into it with surprised eyes.

Luckily, Kei has a good balance, or else... they could have been in an awkward position. She then took the pillow from the table and placed it beside him.

"Oh sorry, Doc! But you really need to at least take a nap, I can see it in your eyes. I can ask Dave to tell his colleagues here not to disturb you." Kei smiled apologetically.

After seeing her resolve, Jiro could only heave a deep sigh and pressed the pillow beside him and lied down. A lady's scent, lingered on his nose. The comforting scent is making him more sleepy.

He then grabbed her forearm and murmured lazily with eyes closed, "Just ten minutes. I'll join you and the rest outside, they might need some help."

"Don't worry, we still need to pack things up. I won't go anywhere and I'll be fine with them. Just rest so you'll have energy for later's dinner courtesy of Mayor. Sleep tight." Kei whispered as she broke away from his grasp.

"Oh, yeah the dinner." Jiro finally closed his eyes and placed his hands on top of it, ready to follow Kei's advice when he heard another whisper, "You did well today, Doc. Rest well, bye!" and felt a tap on his shoulder.

She then slowly walked toward the door and gently closed it, careful not to make a sound.

She continued to look at the hand that Jiro took earlier as she was smiling from ear to ear.

Moments later...