[28] childish

After having their fill at the cafeteria, they immediately went back to work as they still have scheduled surgeries in the afternoon. They took the shortcut towards the OPD as the elevator there would lead them directly to their office.

When the two handsome doctors passed by the Nurse's Station they noticed the swooned gazes from all the nurses there. They even saw some of them gently hit the nurse beside them because as specialists they are seldom seen there.

They both smiled at all the nurses they saw and Jiro greeted the head nurse in charge as she was stopping the young nurses from ogling at these doctors so much.

"Hi, Nurse Mel! I haven't seen you in the Cardiology department, so this is your new station. Stressful?" Jiro inquired with utmost concern as the middle-aged woman smiled at him.

"I was assigned to train the new in-charge nurses here so it won't be long until I assist you in your surgeries, Doc Ji." She smiled happily then added, "I've heard that you personally had to administer the antirabies shot yesterday... Are these girls weren't able to handle the patient, Doc?"

"It's nothing. I was just passing by and thought I could help, it's not their fault." Jiro immediately explained.

"So you did Kei's shot yesterday?" Dean's eyes widened, acting astonished as if he just heard about it just now.                                                

"Ah yeah. I was just around the area and so I thought I could help..." Jiro replied as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's been years since you personally administered anti-rabies shots, right Mr. Golden Hands?"

"That's why I was shocked to hear the news but delighted at the same because I could still remember how he was the most requested RMT back in the days." Nurse Mel added proudly while recalling the times she worked with Doctor Jiro Young.

"Yeah, I could still remember our professors praising you for your golden hands because of how light your hands were. You could easily extract blood samples from all our medical missions and administer IVs to our patients smoothly." Dean remarked confidently as he pat Jiro's shoulders.

"Doc Dean, he's still living up to that name because of another great achievement last year, remember that?" Nurse Mel replied proudly.

"Oh, I remember that clearly. Another reason why he officially became the 'face' of this hospital." Dean smiled mischievously.

"Aren't you late for your scheduled surgery Doc Gomez?" Jiro crossed his arms in front of his chest to remind him that he has to go somewhere instead of chitchatting with the nurses here.

"Oh, yikes! We need to go!" Dean started to panic then grabbed Jiro by the shoulder then sprinted to the elevator. While waiting, Dean then whispered to Jiro's ears.

"The food earlier... it was from Kei, right?

"As the note says", Jiro replied casually.

"I just heard from the nurses in the OPD that she also sent them food. So you are not a special case. Don't assume anything, okay?" Dean laughed louder than usual as he pressed the elevator to go up.

"At least she gave me food, unlike you." Jiro rebutted playfully.

"At least I won't be answerable to the Chairman, everyone knows he has something for her!" Dean argued to win the argument.

Perhaps the two doctors thought they were alone in the elevator that's why they argued louder than usual and later did they realize that there were others in it. Luckily, it was just two senior citizens who probably had their checkup.

After realizing that they were not alone, they started to shut up and smiled shyly while scratching their heads.

----
A/N: Hello, feel free to leave some ❤️ and comments. It would be my pleasure to read some feedbacks. Thank you 🌹