|46| confess

Jiro was silent because he was actually waiting if Kei will add more. But to his dismay, Kei remained silent after. Is she serious? He thought, making him unable to contain his laugh anymore.

"Why are you laughing?!" Kei asked seriously feeling defeated.

"Who taught you that and to whom are you gonna say that?" Jiro asked with mockery on his face. But when he looked at the lady beside him, he saw her serious face.

"Seriously?" The mocking on his face disappeared.

"Do you think I'm joking? YAH, Mr. Jiro Young! I just confessed here TO YOU a few seconds ago. I said I like you." She then nibbled on her bottom lip to hide her embarrassment.

Jiro further made another boy-control-your-laugh-or-else face. He found it funnier to see someone "confessing" while getting angry.

"Fine, okay spill it. Don't control your laughs, you might have a gas build up in your stomach." Kei rolled her eyes at him which made Jiro laugh even more. It's a good thing he didn't change gears yet or he won't be able to drive peacefully.

"Just laugh all you want." Kei then acted betrayed after seeing him laugh.

"You still like me even if you've already met my just-woke-up self?" He asked with half a smile.

"Hmm, we have our fair share of good and bad. I've also had mine. But the good things I see in you are still relatively greater than the bad ones, so yeah, still likable." Kei responded on a whim.

Jiro, after seeing the serious look on the lady beside him, cleared his throat and then said mischievously, "You like me still? Then thank you."

"But just a disclaimer, I won't be responsible for your heart. Like me at your own risk, okay?" Then he heaved a deep sigh as he held the steering wheel tighter this time.

"No worries. I can manage my own heart. Just make sure that you can manage yours." Then her mouth curved into a smile, as she went back to face forward with that determined look on her face.

"That's just an FYI anyway. I just believed that if I like someone, I will make sure that he knows. So if the feeling is mutual then good. If not, okay move on. At least, one less of what-if for me." She said with conviction now with her crossed arms to her chest.

"And just be sure to assess your feelings from time to time. Like me back while I still like you, cause once I'm over you, you really can't have me anymore." She exclaimed proudly.

"Okay, noted." Jiro affirmed then added, "tarunga ug panguyab ha?" He giggled this time.

"What?" Kei asked but Jiro just smiled at her. "Are you cursing me?"

"Let's go now. They might be looking for us already." Jiro then changed gears and drove them away while grinning.

"Hey, that's unfair! I can't understand Cebuano just yet and that's too long. How could I google that?" Kei ranted as to the man she was talking to was already glued to driving and was controlling a laugh.

---
A/N: How's the story so far? I would love to read feedbacks from you so feel free to leave some. It will be very useful to me as a writer ☺️