Chapter 2

It had been 2 months since the shooting everything was still fresh but everyone was trying to move forward as they each dealt with their trauma in different ways.

Or for some like Aurora didn't deal with the trauma and had continued on as normal as she could while she had been there for everyone else. Jackson and April had moved into Meredith house which meant everything had become more crowded.
~
Aurora sat as the trauma councillor watched her as she tapped her fingers on the table looking around the room bored. "Can I go now?" Aurora says to him.

"Dr Karev you've been through a trauma and the only way to get through it is to talk about it and all your friends and colleagues are worried about it. You've been avoiding the topic of the shooting since it happen. Your brother and best friend were shot it must have been a horrible ordeal." Andrew Perkins said to her.

Aurora looked at him with a blank expression. "Exactly they were shot you should be helping them I'm completely fine nothing happen to me and then Alex and Derek are going to be fine too so if you could just sign the paper that says I can get back to surgery that would be great." Aurora says to him as he shakes his head as she walks out.
~
Aurora walked into the imagining room as she was Derek staring at a tumour as her face lit up as a smile had formed on her lips. "Are you operating on this?" Aurora asks as Derek looked at her.

"Yeah." Derek said giving her the simple answer as she stared at the scan.

"Awesome can I scrub in?" Aurora asks as she looked over at him hopeful as Derek looked back at her knowing how she hadn't even faced the topic of the shooting.

"Rory I don't think that's the best idea I'm worried about you. You acting as if the shooting had no affect on you at all and this isn't like you at all so Dr Kepner will be scrubbing in with me." Derek says as Aurora looks at April who was stood beside him smiling.

Aurora looked at Derek as she shook her head at him growing more angry. "Why can't any of you understand that I'm fine? You don't get to make the decision about when I'm ready to be back in an O.R. I thought if anyone would have my back it would be you but you just keeping driving yourself into what ever mess you heading towards." Aurora snapped as she stormed out Derek called out for her as she ignored him and carried on walking.
~
Aurora walked down to the basement where all the residents were eating their lunch as she heard April. "I just went to t cafeteria,And some nurse called me Reed.And then said,"I thought you died."" April tells them as Aurora joined them.

"Yeah, you don't go to the cafeteria for lunch.They just point and stare." Lexie tells her as Jackson looked at Lexie.

"Is that why you dyed your hair?" Jackson asks Lexie as they all look at her.

"They stare because we should've died." Cristina says as Aurora looks at her.

"Pack a lunch.Keep it in your locker." Lexie tells her as April sits beside Jackson.

"Your husband is an ass you know that." Aurora says to Meredith as she nods agreeing with her friend.

"Yeah what did he do this time?" Meredith asks as Aurora looks at her as they all listen to the conversation.

"He thinks he gets to say when I'm fit for surgery that's he all worried about me maybe he should worry about himself for a change I'm tired of him,Alex and Jackson telling me what's best for me." Aurora says as she looked at Jackson still slightly frustrated.

"Maybe because we're all worried about you because you don't seem to care." Jackson says to her as Aurora rolls her eyes as Alex walks down holding his clearance paper.

"You are kidding me.You got cleared?" Meredith says to Aurora turns to see Alex.

"it's down to you, Rory and yang." Alex says as Aurora glares at him.

"You got cleared are you serious? And you are acting like your worried about me but no I guess to get cleared we have to go crazy, or have nightmares or act like an ass." Aurora snapped at them all as she headed off on her own.
~
Aurora was walking around the hospital as she saw Derek approaching her as she rolled her eyes as she turned to walk in the opposite direction.

"Rory wait come on." Derek called out to her as he ran to catch up with her as she stopped to look at him anger still visible on her face.

"What do you want Derek? To tell me that you worried about me? Well I've heard okay from you, Jackson and Alex. And you know what I don't care because I'm fine." Aurora says as she snapped at him as he watched her.

"Rory I may be your mentor and your best friend but your also like a sister to me and believe me I know because I have four of them and I know when there not okay so you can talk to Perkins he's good if you don't want to talk to me." Derek says to her as she shakes her head at him.

"Oh please don't use that one on me." Aurora says to him as she walks off shaking her head furiously as she was frustrated.
~
Aurora sat watching Derek surgery as flashbacks came flooding through her head as she rushed out of the gallery struggling for breath and tears in her eyes as she slid down the wall as Jackson ran over to her.

"Hey your okay breath with me." Jackson told her as he held her hand while helping to calm down her breathing.

Aurora's breathing began to return to its normal paste as Jackson moved to sit beside her as he held knowing she wouldn't want to talk as she rested her head against his chest listening to his heart beat.
~
Aurora stood with Lexie as they watched as Cristina and Owen got married as she felt eyes on her as she turned to see Jackson was staring at her with a small smile on his lips as he turned knowing she had seen him.