Chapter 81

Rory was carrying Everly as Jackson held Parker as they walked into the hospital. "I don't think I've ever been this exhausted." Rory says looking at her husband as he smiles and kisses her.

"Me neither but they can't help it if there teething it's worse for them then us." Jackson says as Rory nods.

"I know I don't like hearing them crying in pain." Rory says to him as she kisses Everly on the head.

"They'll be fine." He tells her as they headed to the daycare to drop the twins off.
~
"The Coopers chose to do their surgery here because we've done so many of them that we're getting good at it." Derek says to the residents.

"This one is a little bit tricky because it involves the brain." Rory tells them.

"Are you ready for this?" Derek asks his sister as Rory rolls her eyes.

"Third time, yeah." Amelia says to him.

"I'm just saying, this is a very big surgery." Derek says to her.

"Derek, you asked me to do it.If you're having second thoughts about me, just..." Amelia says to him.

"It's too late for that now, isn't it?" Derek says to her as Rory looks at him.

"She'll be fine we've got this." Rory tells him as he nods as Amelia smiles at her gratefully.

"You must be Annie and Liz." Derek says to the twins.

"Nothing gets past you, huh?" One of the twins say.

"Be nice." Her sister tells her.

"I am.It's just unlikely he's gonna confuse us with another patient." She tells her.

"Dr. Kenzie?" Rory says smiling at the man beside them.

"Yes. The girls' pediatrician." He tells them.

"But, for the record, we're 25, and he's no longer our doctor." Annie says to them.

"He's more like our... groupie." Liz tells them.

"I was gonna say family." Annie says to her. "Our mom died a few years ago, and since then, he's really been..." Annie tells them.

"There for us." Liz tells them.

"Well, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Dr Karev and this is." Rory says looking bat the shepherds.

"I'm Dr. Shepherd." Derek tells her.

"And so am I." Amelia adds. "His sister.Good-looking doctors run in the family." Amelia tells the twins.

"And these are some of the roughly 40 people who will be working on you.I'm not gonna ask you to learn their names." Rory says to them.

"Maybe you should.We could take a test, before and after surgery.See if you cut through our memory centers." Liz says as Rory and Derek share a look.

"Will you stop saying things like that?" Annie scolds her sister.

"I'm just keeping it real." She tells her.
~
"These are the most complex brain scans you will ever see." Rory tells the residents.

"As you will see,these women share brain matter.
Separating them is made even more complicated by the fact..." Amelia says to them.

"There is one shared sagittal sinus supplying blood to the brain." Derek says cutting his sister off.

"First, we need to determine which lucky twin gets to keep that, and the other twin gets a graft." Rory tells them as she looks at Derek.

"Dr. Grey and Dr. Webber..." he begins to explain to them.

"We need to move quickly and meticulously to turn one brain into two with the least amount of deficit.
If this surgery scares you,if you're not up to the challenge, let me know.I need everybody confident in there.Get ready." Derek says to them.
~
"Okay, I will take care of twin A. Dr Karev and Amy will take care of twin B." Derek explains as Amelia cuts him off.