Chapter 123

Rory walked over to Alex as she handed him a beer while Jackson was still at the hospital. "It's quiet here." Alex mumbled taking the beer from Rory.

"Tommy is asleep and the twins are staying with Catherine while she's in town she wanted to see them." Rory says to him before sitting beside him.

Jackson walked through the door placing his bag down before looking at his wife and brother in law. "Hey." Jackson says kissing Rory while she kisses him back.

"Hey how was work?" Rory asks while Jackson takes a sip of her beer and sits beside her wrapping his arms around her.

"Yeah it was good. Tommy asleep?" Jackson asks while Rory nods before the three continued to catch up since the residents were with Jo at Alex's place.
~
Rory dropped Tommy off at daycare as she saw Catherine walking towards her with the twins. "Mommy!" Everly called out running to Rory who smiled wrapping her arms around her daughter.

"Hey little lady. We're you both good for grandma?" Rory asks smiling at the twins while she hugs Parker.

"They were perfect as always. Where is my other grandson?" Catherine asked looking at Rory.

"He's in daycare already Jackson and I both have surgery soon. Do you want me to drop these two off?" Rory asks while Catherine shook her head.

"No no I'll do it I want to see Tommy anyway but we'll catch up later. Let's go darlings." Catherine said taking the twins hands while they waved at Rory.

Rory smiled to herself before walking towards April who looked to be miles away. "You okay Apes?" Rory asks her friend who looked at her.

"Can I ask you something?" April says causing Rory to look up from her tablet the nurse had just handed her.

"Yeah of course is everything okay?" Rory asked slightly worried for April.

"Yeah Yeah everything is fine more than fine actually. I'm pregnant and I just don't know how to tell Matthew." April said shocking Rory who smiles brightly at her friend.

"That's amazing April I'm so happy for you. And you should just tell him I'm sure he'll be over the moon. I was scared both time I was pregnant but Jackson he was great. I mean he was meant to be a dad. You and Matthew will be great parents." Rory says hugging April who smile at her in appreciation.

"Thank you Rory that means a lot. Your a great mom too the twins and Tommy are very lucky to have you." April says while Rory smiles at her.
~
Rory caught up to Edwards and Blake who were looking over the patients files. "Ladies let go." Rory said looking at both the residents.

"I thought we were on Dr Shepherds service." Edwards asks looking confused at Rory who turned to the resident.

"I'm the head of Neuro Dr Edwards and Dr Webber would like you to have a well rounded education working with different mentors. Do you have a problem with that?" Rory questions her with a stern look on her face.

"No ma'am." Stephanie said shaking her head while they headed to the patients room.
~
"That's very nice." Rory complimented Kyle while he looked at the three of them.

"Oh.No, don't clap for that. That was...That was garbage.Uh, Dr. Blake and Dr. Karev and, uh...And who is this?Haven't seen your face before.It's a nice face." Kyle said smiling at Stephanie.

"This is Dr. Edwards." Rory introduced her resident.

"God.Why are all the doctors in this hospital so hot?Seriously.It's like a... It's like a condition of employment here." Kyle says causing Rory to smile at him.

"Let's talk about your brain.Edwards, business time." Rory says looking at the resident.

"Kyle Diaz, 34.Diagnosed two years ago with relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis.Increased symptoms recently." Stephanie read looking at Rory.

"How come you know so much about me and I haven't even met you yet?" Kyle asks flirting with Stephanie while Rory looks at the notes on the tablet.

Kyle then begin to tell the story about his tremors while Rory looked up at him. While he continued to flirt with Stephanie.

"The... plan is to actually keep you conscious while we operate,using M.R.I. images to target the general area of concern." Stephanie told him while Penny looked at the attending.

"Hmm." Penny mumbled causing Rory to look at her.

"Blake?" Rory questioned the resident.

"No, I figured we'd be using intraoperative micro-recordings to precisely locate the nucleus." Penny says looking at Rory.

"Exactly, and how will we know when the procedure is working?" Rory asks her looking at Penny.

"Having our patient perform delicate motor skills
while we introduce the electrodes.In Kyle's case, he will play the guitar." Stephanie explained to Kyle.

"Wait. So, I'mI'm gonna play the guitar while you are poking around in my brain?" He questioned looking at Rory who smiled at him.

"That way, we can know exactly when we've nailed the tremor."  Rory says while Kyle looked to Stephanie and continued to flirt with her again.

"And Blake and I will be performing the operation.
Edwards, I need you with Kyle." Rory says causing Stephanie to look at her confused.

"I'll be... Blake's assisting?" Stephanie asks Rory looking at her in confusion.

"I need you to monitor the tremor,let us know when we got it." Rory says before handing the tablet to Blake and going to check on her other patients.
~
Rory had managed to successfully stop Kyles tremor so he was able to play his guitar again. "You've really got a soft spot for Edwards." Rory says looking at Amelia.

"She's good at Neuro and maybe I see a little bit of myself in her." Amelia says causing Rory to send her a small smile.

"She's good but she reminds me of two people I used to know. One who was overly competitive and one who cared so much they fell for a patient." Rory says looking at Amelia.

"That's not Edwards. She's focused that's not a bad thing." Amelia said causing Rory to shrug her shoulders before handing her tablet to the nurse.
~
Rory was playing with Everly while the boys were watching tv as Jackson walked in smiling at his wife. "I bought dinner." Jackson said causing Rory to run over and kiss him.

"Ev will you come help me set up for dinner?" Rory said looking at her daughter who smiled and headed into the kitchen.

"I'll get the boys sorted." Jackson says handing Rory the bag of food before walking over and picking up his sons.Rory smiled over at Jackson and the boys while he went to help them get washed up for dinner.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- I need a face claim for Aria Grey in my Alex karev story I was thinking maybe Jennifer Aniston or shantel vansanten. Who do you think would make more sense as Meredith's twin sister?