Chapter 24

Jackson held Auroras hand as they had just finished up a breakfast date at the cafe before work. "Are you working with Mark today?" Aurora asks him as he put his phone in his pocket.

"Yeah he's got some big surgery we're doing. Let me guess another amazing impossible surgery with Shepherd today?" Jackson asks smiling as Aurora chuckles at him.

"Actually I think we're clipping an aneurism and I'm very happy about that too because it's good to do some of the more common surgeries." Aurora says as Jackson smiles at her.

"Yeah but you've got to agree you prefer the cases that are near impossible right?" Jackson asks her as she smiles at him.

"Honestly yes it's just some of these surgeries no one would even try." Aurora says as Jackson kisses her as she kisses him back.
~
"Justine, these three bubble-like spots?Those are your aneurysms." Derek says to her as Aurora stood beside him.

"J-j-just a second.Um, sorry.I didn't hear a word. Say again.Ah. My aneurysms.Horrible things.What are they doing now, growing?Is that why the god-awful headaches?" Justine asks them as Rory looks at Derek.

"One has sprung a leak." Derek tells her.

"Great.Go ahead. Say it.Say I told you so.He's been warning me about this for years,and I have been avoiding this surgery.Fine.Okay.But it's gonna have to wait until I'm done with my book." Justine tells him as Derek looks at Rory.

"Dr. Karev, what are the possible consequences of not fixing a warning leak?" Derek asks her as she looks at the scans.

"Stroke, hemorrhage, death." Aurora replies as she looks at them both.

"Dr. Karev, what are the possible consequences
for a botched clip?" Aurora gets asked again as she looks at Derek.

"Stroke,haemorrhage, death." Rory replies quietly.

"So I'm dead, and my book's not finished.I can't do that to my readers.I just need to find a way to get Kate to the bridge where she's supposed to meet Nathan before she's pulled back in time.After that, I'm all yours." Justine says to them as Derek looks over at her.

"Justine..." Derek says in a concerned tone:

"Yeah, between your voice and my leaky aneurysm,
I'm having a bitch of a time focusing, so...could you...
please?" She says as Derek and Rory leave the room.
~

"Yikes. These are intense.Are these patients of yours?" Aurora says as she stood beside Lexie looking at the scans.

"They will be.I went looking for patients who were told no by every doctor they've seen." Derek says to both of the girls.

"So what are you gonna do?" Lexie asks him as Aurora looks also waiting for the answer.

"Tell them yes.Tell them I will do my best.It's not just me. It's you, too both.You ready?" Derek says looking at Lexie knowing he'd already got Aurora in.

"Me?Mm-hmm.I...Y-yes, of course." Lexie says as Derek looks at her.

"What's this?" Derek asks looking at the files in Lexie's arms.

"Uh, Justine Campbell's, uh, A.M.A. forms. She's leaving against medical advice so..." Lexie says to him as he looks at Aurora.

"Oh, so you're not ready." Derek says to her.

"What? Why?" Lexie asks him as she looks at them both.

"Yes. We're saying yes.If you can't get her to say yes
to a simple surgery that will save her life,how do you expect to tackle that?Tear those up.Get her to say yes, and I'll let you jump on one of these.Okay? What do you say?" Derek says to Lexie.

"Yes." Lexie says grinning as Derek looks at them both.

"Damn right." He replies as Lexie left the room as he looks at Aurora.

"Was that your teaching moment?" Aurora asks a small smirk on her face as Derek nods at his best friend.

"Yeah it worked for you bribing you with big surgeries and now look your going to be a world renowned neurosurgeon and one of the greatest I've ever seen." Derek says as Aurora smiles at him.
~
Aurora sat beside April as they were talking about Cristina's heart in a box as the guys walked in. "Heart-in-a-box, what's wrong with George's mom?" Meredith asks as Aurora and Cristina looks at her.

"Who's George?" April asks as they all exchange a look.

"He used to work here. He died." Aurora says to her looking at Meredith and Cristina.

"Whoa. Who died?" Jackson asks looking at his girlfriend.

"George." April says to him.

"And we're talking about that creep because?" Alex says as Meredith glares at him.

"Alex, you're an ass.His mom's in the hospital." Meredith says to him.

"Wow. O'Malley. I haven't thought about him in..." Cristina says as Alex cuts her off.

"Why would you?" Alex comments as Rory looks at him.

"Alex." She says to him as he looks at his sister.

"Oh, come on. Don't act like you stay up nights writing poetry about the guy." Alex says as Cristina looks at him.

"Remember when you gave him syphilis?" Cristina says making the rest of them laugh.

"How..." Jackson asks looking at them and at Rory as she laughed.

"What?" April chokes out laughing.

"Remember heart-in-an-elevator?" Aurora says looking at them.

"Heart-in-an-elevator.I should put that on my list.
George made you look like such a chump." Cristina says to Alex.

"George was the heart-in-the-elevator guy?I heard about that. That sounded badass.Were you there?" Jackson asks as Alex grew frustrated.

"I just wanted to eat my freakin' lunch. That's all." Alex says as he got up storming off as Aurora moved to sit beside Jackson.
~
Aurora was walking down the hall as she felt someone grab her arm pulling her into the on call room. Aurora looked up as she saw a grinning Jackson as he leaned down and kisses her as she kisses him back.

Aurora pulls back from the kiss as she looks at Jackson. "What has gotten into you?" Aurora asks him as he smiles at her.

"Nothing I just realised a few things today and right now I just want to be with you." Jackson says to her as he kisses her again as she kisses him back.