Chapter 56

"Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital?" Arizona asks them as Rory sat daydreaming.

"That can't be true. Can it?" Cristina says to them.

"Well, he's a voting member of the management team and he also represents the Harper Avery foundation." Derek says to them.

"And their 175 million bucks.As opposed to our $15 million apiece." Callie says to them.

"According to Stan,not only does he have the deciding vote,he can veto ours. Besides Rorys." Derek says as she looks at them hearing her name.

"That is ridiculous. He's a fellow." Cristina complains.

"So are you." Rory reminds her.

"But he's a plastics fellow. And I'm me." Cristina says to her.

"Well, let's not overreact.I mean, it's Jackson.He's not some corporate stranger.He's one of us." Meredith says as she looks at Rory.

"No, you're right. He's a smart kid.He's gonna follow our lead." Derek says to them.

"No. No. We made this plan.We pulled it together.
Look, I'm grateful to Harper Avery for an infusion of cash,but I'm-I'm not gonna let some-some..." Callie says as Rory glares at her.

"Plastics fellow?" Cristina says to her.

"Plastics fellow tell me how to run my service 'cause his mommy said he could." Callie rambles on to them

"Preach." Arizona says as Rory looks at each of them.

"I'm sat right here. If your going to try and badmouth my husband here's a tip don't do it while I'm in the room. Also the father of your daughter was a plastic surgeon and his mentor so chose your words carefully in future. And it doesn't matter who gets a say in what. We make the decision together." Rory says growing frustrated as they all look at her as she turns to look out of the window.
~
"I'm sorry, guys.I was running on time, and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier." Jackson says to them as he sits down.

"Uh, we were discussing the reopening of the E.R. and the trauma department." Meredith tells him.

"Oh, yes. Um, I'm not ready for that just yet." Jackson says to them.

"If you need more time with the material, we can go ahead..." Derek says to him as Jackson cuts him off.

"No, no, I've-I've read it. Uh, it's just that the foundation feels like the E.R. is not a forgone conclusion.They need a site visit, a chance to look over the numbers. It could be a month before a decision." Jackson tells them.

"Okay. The foundation knows we plan on getting our level-I trauma designation back, right?" Arizona says to him as she at him.

"They know that's the idea, yeah." Jackson says to them.

"Uh, it's the fact." Callie says to him.

"I think we should table this until we can bring in Owen.Uh, he'll have a lot of thoughts on this, too." Cristina says to them as most of them agree as Rory looked down at the table.

"that's-that's the other thing." Jackson says as he looks at each of them.

"What thing?" Derek asks him.

"Okay.Since we are starting fresh, the thought is that new leadership would be good for morale." Jackson says to them.

"What, like, uh, chief of surgery?"Cristina says to them.

"Oh, no way." Callie says to him.

"Firing Owen?" Meredith says as she looks at Rory. "You agree with any of this?" She says as everyone looks at Rory not getting a response.