Chapter 45

Rory finished putting on her dress as she looked in the mirror taking in the moments before she married the love of her life. She was pulled out of her thoughts as she looked at the object on the table beside her.

She heard footsteps as she quickly pushed the object into her make up bag as Zola ran over to her. She smiled down at the little girl as Derek walked in picking Zola up not yet noticing Rory.

Derek looked at Rory as he smiled at her. "You look beautiful Rory." Derek says pressing a kiss against her cheek. "How you feeling?" Derek asks her.

"Like I can't wait to marry him but really could run away right now." Rory says as Meredith and Cristina walk in with Alex.

"We'll drive the getaway car if you need us too." Cristina says as Meredith nods agreeing as they both smile at the bride.

"Rory you look amazing." Alex says as Rory smiles at him and hugs him.

"You don't look to bad yourself." She says as she adjusts his tie as she looks at them all. "I guess it's time." Rory says with the biggest smile on her face.

~
Aurora stood with Alex as Derek walked down the aisle with Zola and then Meredith walked with Cristina. Rory felt her stomach turning as Alex could read her expression. "We got this." Alex says as he walked her down the aisle.

Rory looked at each person as a lot of their friends from the hospital had attended. She smiled back at Richard as he was sat with Catherine and Bailey who were also smiling at her. Then her eyes met the familiar green ones she loved so much as time stopped for a moment.

It was like it was just the two of them in that moment. Alex gave Jackson Rory's hand as he kisses her cheek and went to stand with Cristina and Meredith who was holding Zola. Everyone sat down as Derek began to speak.

"Firstly I would like to thank each of you for coming on behalf of our bride and groom. Rory asked me to marry her and Jackson and I felt honoured. I've seen this women face everything the past few years but my greatest experience is watching her fall in love. She's my best friend and my student who I helped train into the brilliant Neuro goddess she is but she didn't need much training. I couldn't be more proud then to marry her to the man she loves. Jackson I haven't know as long but a good couple of years. He's a great guy and is the perfect man for Rory. Mark would have loved to see his boy get married but he's here somewhere and so is Lexie. Mark was never one to teach but he saw something in Jackson I guess Rory save something too. Mark also knew you'd both get here one day and he'd be proud he was right but proud they eventually admitted their feeling after denying all the time." Derek said as he continued his speech.
~
"Rory, when we were in college I never even imagined having a chance with you never mind being here today marrying you. You are the love of my life, my best friend. You make everyday better and you make me better. You inspire me and support me in everything. I promise to love you unconditionally through thick and thin and sickness in health. I promise that as we adventure through the rest of our lives together.I'll always be by your side loving you, pushing you and celebrating with you. I will always put you first and give you my absolute best for the rest of my days." Jackson says as Rory smiles at him as her her eyes glazed over.

"Rory your turn." Derek says as Rory nods taking a breath.

"Jackson, you changed my life all those years ago and the day we found each other again you made me feel something I thought I'd never feel again. I was scared to love you in case this didn't work but instead in your arms I found a home. In your eyes, I found compassion. In your heart, I found love. In your soul, I found a kindred spirit. Because of you, I laugh, I smile and I dare dream again. I look forward with great joy to spending the rest of my life with you and being there for you in all life has for us." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her.

"I give you this ring as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you,In all times,In all places,
And in all ways, forever." Jackson says as he puts Rory's wedding ring on her finger.

"I give you this ring as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you,In all times,In all places,
And in all ways, forever." Rory says slipping Jackson's wedding ring on his finger.

"Now it's my greatest pleasure to announce you as husband and wife you may kiss your bride Avery." Derek says as Rory rolls her eyes as Jackson leans in and kisses her as she kisses him back as everyone claps and cheered.
~
Jackson had his hand on Rory's back as she rested her head on his shoulder as they had their first dance. "I love you and today has been perfect my wife." Jackson says as Rory smiles up at him.

"I love you too husband and it's still got the party and speeches." Rory reminds him as he kisses her as she kisses him back.
~
Rory was dancing with Alex as Jackson was dancing with his mom. "So how far along are you?" Alex asks his sister as she looks up at him.

"What are you talking about?" Rory asks him confused as to how he could know.

"It's your wedding day and you've not touched a drop of alcohol, your also glowing and keep pulling faces at some smell." Alex says as Rory looks at him.

"I don't actually know. I'm late a few weeks late, just thought it was the stress of the wedding but then the sickness. I took a test this morning but Derek and Zola came so I didn't get chance to check it. I should go get it." Rory says as Alex shakes his head.

"No I'll get it. People will notice if the bride disappears." Alex says as he smiles at her.

"Thank you Alex I hid in my makeup bag it's on the table next to the mirror." Rory tells him as Alex nods before heading off as the song finishes.

1.12.2012