Chapter 116

Rory had been in surgery since the early hours of the morning after an accident came in. Rory walked out wearing the ferry boat scrub cap that belonged to her mentor and best friend. "Dr Karev your needed in the E.R with Dr Grey." Ben told her as Rory looked at him.

"Where's shepherd?" She asks her confused as Amelia should have been covering any head traumas that came in.

"We don't know Dr Grey told me to come get you." Ben told Rory as she nodded at him as she made her way to the E.R.
~
Rory entered the trauma room as panic set into her at the sight she saw in front of her. She hurried over seeing one of her best friends laid on the fall as she had been attacked. Rory quickly checked Meredith's pulse as she looked at her friend who laid frozen on the ground.

Penny walked in looking at the chief of Neuro a look of panic and fear on her face. "I need help in here now." Rory bellowed into the halls as she sat with Meredith. "Your going to be okay mer we've got you." Rory said her heart breaking at the sight of her friend and the person who was like a sister to her.

The surgeon ran into the room as they helped get Meredith up and began checking her injuries as the other surgeons worked on the patient who had attacked her.

Rory checked Meredith for any neurological damage to Webbers dismay knowing how close the two women were. They were each others family but so everyone else in that hospital.

"Has anyone told the chief?" April asks as Rory looks up.

"Okay, do not page her. This is one patient. We can do this one, okay? She has to handle everything else." Richard tells them as Rory nodded trying her best to hold it together.

"The guy who did this... He was stable, non-aggressive. He wasn't a threat. I left for like five minutes, and this happens." Ben says to them as Rory looked at him.

"It wasn't your fault Warren.He was postictal.Hyper-aggression can occur after a seizure. Temporary fugue state. He won't even remember it." Rory tells them.

"Where is he now?" April asks them as Rory doesn't say a word trying to focus on helping her friend.

"Restrained, and being treated right next door." Ben tells them as Alex rushes in looking at Meredith and then all the doctors working on her including his sister who he could tell was feeling the same.
~
The surgeons continued to work on Meredith as Rory looked up. "Someone get my husband in here now." Rory told them.

"On it." The nurse told her as they continued to work and get the tests they needed. Rory felt her heart ache hearing her friend cry out in pain as Alex's hand found hers squeezing it as the twins looked at each other and Meredith.

"No evidence of traumatic brain injury. No... no... no focal deficits. Uh, except...Uh, uh, Meredith, I need you to move your fingers for me. Or your toes. Come on. Just come on. Wiggle something Mer." Rory told her friends as she watched her closely but nothing happened.

"Guys. I don't think she can hear us." Alex says looking at Meredith.

"What? What? Are you sure?" They all questioned him as Rory looked down at Meredith.

"Mer." She said calling out her friends name but she can no reaction.

"I see evidence of barotrauma, possibly from the blows. I think Karev might be right. I don't think she can hear anything we're saying." Jackson told them as they continued to work on Meredith.
~
Meredith had been in the hospital over 6 weeks as everyone was working hard to help her. Rory and Alex were helping out with her kids as well as Maggie. Rory would take them to her house most nights or stay with them at Meredith's house.

Alex was spending most of time at the hospital trying to be there for Meredith as we're most of the doctors. Alex was at the hospital and Maggie had a surgery so Rory had the kids while Jackson was at home with their own kids.