Chapter 53

"You two are, like, one drink away from crazy monkey sex." Rory saw to her brother.

"Just stuff her turkey. You'll feel better." Cristina says agreeing with Rory.

"I feel fine.Look, I'm not screwing my ex every night and not all of us are married." Alex says looking at all of them.

"Hey, apes." Cristina says to April.

"Hey, here's a question.Um, what ever happened
to good old-fashioned romance?No stuffing of turkeys or disinfecting sofas,but, you know,
what about nice normal dates where people talk,
share a meal, get to know each other,and then wind up together, not because they're monkeys, but because they have genuine feelings in a committed way.I mean, what is so wrong with that, huh?" April says to them as they all look at each other.

"Are you gonna eat all of those?" Meredith asks her as Rory laughs at her remark as April scoffs and walks away.

"How do you get more committed then marriage? You married me because you have genuine feeling right?" Rory says sarcastically looking at her husband as Jackson laughs at her.

"No baby I married you just to fill my own needs and because your not bad to look at." Jackson says as the rest laugh as Rory throws something at him smiling at him.
~
"Every time I touch this thing, it deletes another patient." Meredith says to them.

"It deletes a patient?" Cristina asks her.

"I did the exact same thing this morning.Here. Let me see...something." Jo says trying to fix it.

"Who are your stalkers?" Rory says looking up from the computer.

"Oh, uh, the new guys are looking for a hospital show pony...A face for the brochure." Alex tells his sister.

"Yeah, Karev's my competition." Jackson says as Rory looks up at him.

"Mm. If you can call it that." Edwards says as Rory glares at her which both Steph and Jackson notice.

"You can't." Jackson says as Rory looks at him.

"Bite me, pretty boy." Alex snaps as Rory looks at them.

"Your wife and the women carrying your children has a very similar face. 'Pretty Boy'" Rory says as everyone looks at the couple as Alex high fives his sister.

"And why are there no women in the running?" Meredith asks them.

"Oh, there was. I turned them down.This face only goes on the nobel brochure." Cristina says to them.

"And here we have a fully centralised electronic records system.Everything you need to know
about any client at anytime.Smart, streamlined, efficient..." Alana explains to Pegasus.

"Oh,efficient.It would be more efficient if it didn't keep deleting my patients." Meredith says getting annoyed.

"Sing it, Grey." Callie called out.
~
Rory was walking down the hallway as someone grabbed her hand as they walked. "Hey where are we going?" Rory asks as she looks at Jackson.

"I need your help with something." Jackson says as he fills Rory in and takes her down to the E.R.

"We just snagged a monitor,a ventilator, and central line kits." Jackson says as he helps Rory set up.

"I have saline, infusion pumps,a crash cart, and Cristina." Meredith says to them.

"I'm sorry. They overpowered me." Jo tells them.

"The fewer people who know about this, the better guys." Jackson reminds them.

"I brought lackeys." Cristina tells them.

"What? No, I don't need interns." Jackson says to her.

"No, this room has three internal exits.You have a lookout on one.Happy, ponytail, you man the doors.
Mousy, um, be the nurse. We need gloves." Cristina assigns all the interns a task.

"On it.Why do I have to be the nurse?" They all say.

"We are gonna need lights." Rory says looking at Jackson.

"No, if I turn on more overheads...you can see it from the hallway." Jackson tells her.

"We can use those." Meredith says as Rory nods at her suggestion.

"Hello. Yep. Okay.All right. They're pulling up now.
Let's go." Jackson says to them as answers the phone.

"Oh, jeez." Cristina says as brooks runs into the doors.

"I'm okay." She tells them.

"That's why we needed interns." Meredith says to them.

"The door won't open?" Jackson asks as he tries to open the door with the others as he looks at his wife. "Don't even think about it." He tells her as she holds her hands up and walks back away from the door.

"Pull. It's starting to give.More! More!" Cristina says to them.

"Go sit down, Mer." Alex says as he joins them.

"Oh, come on. Just because my uterus is occupied..." Meredith tried to argue.

"Go sit down. I'm not kidding.Give me your spot." Alex says as Meredith stands with Rory as Jackson looks at him

"don't worry.I ditched my P.R. chick before I got down here." Alex says to him.

"How did you know that we..." Jackson says as Rory cuts him off.

"I paged him.You've got an incoming kid.You're gonna need kid-sized equipment." Rory reminds him.

"I brought a peds cart with a bunch of crap." Alex says as they get the door open and begin to work on the little boy.
~
They managed to the get the boy to surgery as Rory and Alex managed to check and clean his scalp laceration but didn't have any further Neuro issues.
However Cahill had worked out what they were doing and they were all getting questioned.

"What happened?Cahill figured it out?" Alex asks as he walks over with Jackson, Jo and Steph.

"They're taking us in one at a time to see who'll break first." April says as Rory rolls her eyes.

"I can't lie. I'm no good at it.They'll see right through me." Shane says to them.

"Stay strong, dopey.You can do it." Cristina tells him.

"They started with the interns." Rory says looking at her brother as he looks back at her before heading in to the conference room.

Rory followed them in as Jackson and Alex said their piece as Owen asked them to leave as Rory look at him and Alana.

"Being a surgeon isn't a job it's a duty. We have a duty to save lives. To fix the body so people can live. So they can go home to their families again, so they can grow up to be anything they desire. Even so they have the chance to be who they want to be. We chose this because we care and we want to help people but what's the point in all our training and all of this if it's for nothing." Rory says looking at them. "You both took an oath just like the rest of us. Your not a surgeon because you clearly don't care and that's what makes you brilliant." Rory tells them as she walks out as Owen looks at Alex and Jackson who walk out after her.
~
"You were pretty great today." Rory says as she smiles at Jackson.

"Me what about you? That big speech. I'm proud to be your husband and the father of your children. I'm happy that your by side always and that we're partners." Jackson says as Rory hugs him.

"It's always us." Rory says as Jackson hugs her back.