Chapter 8

Aurora walked down the stairs as she had just finished an emergency surgery with Dr Nelson as she had been paged as she saw all the residents heading in and the attending's.

The residents look at Aurora as she moved to stand beside them as they all looked tired. "How long have you been here?" April asks as she looks at Aurora.

Aurora looks at her watch to work out how long she had been there. "About 3 hours I got paged a guy with a major head trauma." Aurora tells them.

Jackson had still been avoiding Aurora as he had been struggling with his nightmares more recently and he had attacked her brother.

"I should get back I've got to go round on Nelsons and Dereks post ops." Aurora tells them as she leaves the residents with the attending's.
~
Aurora had been paged to the E.R as she was checking over the two boys who had been brought in for any head injuries.

Aurora finished all the Neuro checks on both boys as she made notes on their files as she turned to look at Jackson and Lexie.

"There's no obvious Neuro problems but if you run head C.Ts just to make sure we haven't missed anything i think they'll be all good." Aurora tells them as Lexie nods at her while Jackson continues to ignore her.
~
"What are you doing in the attendings' lounge?You could get in trouble." April says to the Karev twins and Meredith.

"Pizza?" Alex says as he hold up the box as April rolls her eyes at him.

"I have stupid teenage patients who Super Glued themselves together so their parents can't tear them apart." April tells them as Meredith and Rory nod at each other.

"Mm! That sounds romantic." Meredith says to her.

"Yeah, more like moronic.I have no idea how to get them apart without taking off half their skin." April says to them.

"Try acetone." Alex suggests as April glares at him.

"Try going away!Meredith, any ideas?" April says as she looks at both women.

"Mm... Acetone?" Meredith suggests to her.

"Thank you." April says as leaves the attending's lounge.

"So, what's the deal with Stark?" Meredith says as she looks at Alex.

"A lazy, back-stabbing weasel. Why?" Alex asks her as she looks at him.

"Because I called him in to examine this patient..." Meredith says as Alex shook his head at her.

"You called him in? Ha!I wish I could've seen that.You don't call Stark." Alex says to her as Aurora nods agreeing with him.

"Well, my kid just had pectus excavatum surgery and he was in serious pain." Meredith says to them both.

"Yesterday, my fundoplication patient was vomiting. You don't call Stark." Rory says to Meredith as she had been on Starks service.

"Well, this kid's mother is a nurse at Seattle Pres." Meredith tells them.

"Let's play a game.There's one rule: You don't call Stark." Alex says to her as he laughs.

"Alex, I'm serious. Normally,I would handle this myself, but I haven't been on Peds in a while.You know the complications with kids." Meredith says to them both.

"Did you order blood work and a CT?" Alex asks her as she nods.

"Mm-hm." Meredith mumbles as she takes a bite of her pizza.

"I'd add a LDH, a CRP and a sed rate.With Stark you have to cover all your bases, so if you do end up calling him,he has no excuse but to get off his ass and come in." Alex says to her.
~
Aurora was checking up on some patients in the E.R as she saw April making notes. "Hey did you get the kids unattached?" Aurora asks her.

"Yeah there good hey do you mind If I ask you something?" April says as she looks at Rory.

"Yeah of course." Aurora says to her as April turns to face her.

"Jackson was just sticking up for me the other day with Alex you know I don't want that to come between you and him. He's been different the past couple of weeks and so have things between the two of you. Are you both okay?" April asks her as Aurora turns to her.

"What happened between you,Jackson and Alex is between you three and has nothing to do with me and Jackson. Things between us are just a little complicated." Aurora tells her.

"You know if you don't feel the same about him you can just tell him I'm sure he'd rather just know." April says Rory looks at her confused.

"What do you mean?" Aurora says to April as she looks away from her.

"He told me what happened how he told you how he felt then he kissed you but you didn't say owt back you left?" April says to her as Aurora nods at April.

"Thank you April." Aurora says leaving April confused as she took her patient files and handed them to the nurse.
~
Aurora saw Jackson walking down one of the hallways as she grabbed his arm as she pulled him into one of the on-call rooms.

"What are you doing?" Jackson exclaims as he turns to face Aurora.

"No don't talk look you talked and now it's my turn to talk. I walked away because Alex messaged me because we had to go home because our brother tried to kill our sister. And our mom didn't do a thing about it because she was off her meds. I had to sign my brother into the nuthouse." Rory tells him as she looks at the floor.

"Rory I had no idea." Jackson says as Aurora looks up at him.

"I said stop talking Avery. You think I don't feel the same that you aren't in my head every minute of everyday well your wrong because you are. I didn't realise it but your everything I want Jackson. Your the one I want to marry and have children with. Your the one there is no one else and there never will be." Aurora says to him as Jackson looks at her with a small smile on his lips as she shakes her head as she leans up and kisses him as he kisses her back.