Chapter 107

"This isn't the way we usually do that." Richard says as Rory and Catherine walk out of the E.R looking at the truck with the crushed car on it.

"I had to do it this way." April says looking at the doctors.

"No, no, no, we see why you did it." Jackson says to his best friend helping her up as he looks at the wreckage.

"Okay. Look, I just wanted to give him..." April says looking at Meredith.

"A second chance. We got a second chance." Meredith tells her as they all begin to work on the man trapped inside the car.
~
"Arizona's having trouble controlling the post-partum hemorrhage." Callie says to Rory as she finishes scrubbing in.

"This just keeps getting..." Rory says as Callie cuts her off.

"Edwards. What are you doing?" Callie asks the resident confused.

"I'm scrubbing in." Steph told her as Callie scoffed.

"No, you're not. I gave you one job... To keep her in the collar until trauma cleared her." Callie tells her.

"It was the interns who..." Edwards tries to argue.

"And you left her in the care of first-day interns." Callie told her.

"They should've known better." Steph says to her.

"No, you should've known better. You can go now. You are no longer going anywhere near this patient, got it? Go." Callie tells her as she walks out.
~
"Okay, Joan, I'm gonna put you out now, okay?" Callie tells her patient.

"Uterus is flaccid. She's hemorrhaging." Arizona tells them.

"Okay, we got to put her under. You got to get this under control now." Rory says to Arizona.

"I know that. I need a balloon catheter." Arizona told the nurse.

"Is she out?" Jo asks them as she rushed in.

"Not yet, why?" Callie asks the resident.

"Joan, Keith is here." Jo tells her as Rory smiles slightly.

"He's here. He's alive. Keith's here?" Joan asks in a panic.

"They're working on him now." Jo tells her as she laughs before her monitors begin to go off.

"Wilson, go." Callie tells the resident.

"Pressure's at 70. We're losing her." Rory tells them as the quickly get to work on saving her.
~
"Catheter is working, and the bleeding has stopped." Arizona says to them.

"No tear in the dura, amazingly.So, an intern opened her collar?" Rory asks them.

"Oh, stupid." Callie says working with Rory.

"Wait, was that the intern that we thought was an attending?" Arizona says as Rory looks up slightly confused.

"You mistook an intern for an attending?" Rory asks them.

"Yeah, he was pretty much running the trauma." Arizona says to her.

"Like a boss. Like a hot, hot boss. Somebody should get into that." Callie says to them.

"Maybe you should get into that." Arizona says to Callie as they all chuckle.
~
"Here you go, doctor." The nurse says giving Owen his tablet.

"He's still alive?" Rory asks looking at Owen.

"For now. And the girlfriend?" Owen tells her looking at his friend.

"Out of surgery. Awake. Not paralyzed." Rory says to him nodding her head.

"Excellent work Karev." Owen tells her patting her back walking away as Rory takes in a breath looking around at the hospital. Each part reminding her of moment she had shared with everyone they had lost.

Whether it be in the O.R as she remembered the surgeries she had done time after time with Derek during her residency learning new techniques. Or at the daycare where she would visit Sofia and Zola with Mark. Or even the resident locker room where she spent her time hanging out with Lexie.

The hospital had both bad times as well as the good. So much had changed and was changing. She had grown up here and became the surgeon she is. Reunited with the love of her life again and had her family but also found her family. She had finally found her home again even without Derek. He was right she was stronger then she knew and she could make through anything. It hurt not having her best friend but she had to keep going her work was still unfinished.
~
"Sats back up to 93, 95." Callie says as Rory continued to work being paged back into surgery for Joan.

"What happened?" Arizona asks as she walked in to the O.R.

"Looks like a leaking carotid pseudoaneurysm." Rory tells them.

"What about her right side? Will she get her motor function back?" Callie asks her.

"I'm more worried about brain death at this point. She can easily throw a clot and have a massive hemispheric stroke." Rory tells them.

"Well, it's a good thing that you caught it." Arizona says letting out a sigh as she looked at Rory and Callie.

"No, Edwards. Edwards did." Callie says smiling at the resident.
~
Rory finished up with Joan as Jackson stood outside looking at the couple smiling at his wife. "It's amazing anyone survived this." Jackson says as Rory walked over wrapping her arms around him.

He held her as he kissed her head. Rory rested her head against his chest. "I know maybe something just happen. Maybe there's a lesson in here for someone." Rory says as Jackson looks at her.

"You know your starting to sound like April that god has a plan for us all." Jackson says as Rory shook her head.

"No I just think there has to be a reason or everyone we've ever lost has died for nothing." Rory says as Jackson lifts her chin up to look at him.

He leaned down and kisses her as she kisses him back. "You want to talk I'm always going to be here to listen." Jackson says as Rory nods at him as they stands there a while longer.
~
Everyone watched as Cathrine and Richard finally got married. They all clapped and cheered for the couple. Jackson clapped for his mom but his eyes fell on his own wife. Seeing her smile again was everything he needed in that moment.

Jackson got a drink as Alex looked at his brother in law slightly confused. "Where's Rory?" He asks looking for his sister.

"She said she had something to do first." Jackson says before walking back over to his mom.

Rory stood looking out at Seattle taking in the view she had seen many times visiting the Grey-Shepherd family. "You would of loved this your home full of music and people. We had one hell of a ride Derek and it was amazing I don't think I'll ever meet someone who got me like you did. I promise I'll pass on everything you've taught me. Your were one amazing person and I'm so lucky to have been your friend. I'll look out for Meredith and tell your kids just how amazing there dad was. We'll meet again someday somewhere but I know your with us all and your in your kids we just have to look at Bailey and talk to Zola. It's like your still here with us. And your daughter she's amazing Ellis is so beautiful and so much like Meredith you'd be proud. I'll make you proud that's a promise." Rory says looking up at the night sky hearing the music faintly before she headed inside.
~
Rory stood watching her husband goofing about to which he saw taking her hand and pulling her to dance with him. Rory rolled her eyes at Jackson as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "I love you." Jackson said in her ear.

Rory smiled at her husband. "I love you too more than anything." Rory says leaning over and kissing him as he kisses her back.