Chapter 55

"Okay, so this time, I'll do the peds and the trauma stuff first." Arizona says to them as they sat waiting for their meeting.

"And then we will go into the neuro." Derek says to them as he looks at Rory who nods her head.

"Okay, can somebody else do the closing?I-I was awful last time we practiced." Callie says to them.

"No, you were fine." Arizona tries to reassure her wife.

"We really want to end on my flop sweats?" Callie asks them as Arizona and Rory share a look before turning to Derek.

"Derek, you do the closing." Rory says to her friend as he nods.

"I'm sorry. It should be just a few more minutes.Can I get you any water or coffee?" One of the assistants says to them.

"No, no, I'm fine.I'm fine." They all say apart from Cristina.

"Coffee.And a bagel or something.I'm starving.This meeting was supposed to start half an hour ago." Cristina says all of them.

"Okay, he's a billionaire.One of his minutes is worth 40 of ours." Callie says to them.

"I can't believe we got this meeting in the first place." Arizona says.

"Yeah, nice job, Stan." Derek praises him.

"I really believe Julian Crest is our guy.He made all his money in late-stage internet mobile.Medical tech is the one area he doesn't have a foothold.Your focus on applied research, it's right up his alley." Stan explains to all of them.

"Yeah, well, someone should buy him a watch." Cristina says to them.

"We're all set if you'll follow me." The assistant says as they follow her.
-
"You are investing in an institution, a reputation, a legacy.But Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital is worth more than its past.Our plan is to build on that reputation,to make Seattle Grace a place where medical innovation is developed and delivered to the patients who need it.That is our plan.That is the future of Seattle Grace.And we invite you to be a part of it." Derek says as the close up their presentation.

"Neat.We'll, uh, let you know." One of the guys say.

"I thought you were taking us to Julian Crest, not his day care center." Derek says to Stan as they all look at him.

"You don't just walk in and talk to a guy like Julian Crest.There are hoops to jump through.Those junior execs like us, they pass us up to his business development guys.We impress them, then we see the man himself." Stan explains for them.

"Oh. Will they do this before or after their naptime?" Callie says as the rest chuckle.

"You were golden in there.There's no way you don't make it to the next level. I'm telling you, any second now this phone is gonna ring.Really, any second now." Stan says as he holds up his phone as it rings.

"Yes, I understand.What are they saying?Yes, yes, yes. I understand." Stan says down the phone.

"Understand? What do you understand?" They all asks him as they become inpatient.

"Thank you. Thank you very much for your time.You guys, you were kind of rude." Stan says to them as they roll their eyes.

"Well, what did they freaking say?" Arizona snaps at him.

"I'm sorry. You got the meeting." Stan says as the all feel relieved.
-
"This would restore Seattle Grace Mercy West as the region's leader in adult and pediatric trauma medicine." Arizona explains to them.

"Dr. Shepherd?" One of the business development guys say.

"Yeah, we'll lead the way in neuroscience...a dedicated research institute for the advances of brain mapping,with applications to the treatment of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease..." Derek says to them.