Chapter 26

Aurora held the baby as they climbed out of the ambulance as they saw the wreckage of the car and a family spread across the road as Aurora held the baby closer to her.

Alex went to check over the family members as Aurora tried to keep the baby warm.

"Help them, please.You have to help!My mom, my dad,the Van...and I just stepped in blood.I-I just stepped in blood." The girl panic as she makes her way over to Rory.

"Hey, what's your name?" Aurora asks her in a calm tone.

"Lily." She replies quietly.

"Okay, Lily,I need you to calm down and take the baby.Hold the baby." Aurora says trying to give her the baby.

"I don't even babysit.I can't hold a baby." Lily says to her.

"Lily, do you want me to help your family or notHold the baby.Okay, I need you to squeeze.One, two, squeeze." Aurora says as she hands her the baby.

"What if I mess up?" Lily says with tears streaming down her face.

"You're not gonna mess up, Lily.One, two, squeeze.
Count out loud so I can hear you." Aurora says to her.

"Okay,one, two, squeeze.One, two, squeeze." They both say together.

"No matter what you do, don't stop squeezing." Aurora says to her.

"One, two, squeeze.One, two, squeeze.One, two, squeeze.Yeah." Lily continues to do that as Rory goes to check on the family.

"Ma'am, ma'am, I'm a doctor.Can you hear me?" Aurora says to the mother.
~
"You got any tape in there? I have to do an adhesive dressing." Rory asks her brother as he hands her a bag.

"Probably.I just grabbed whatever." Alex tells her before checking over the next family member.

"Is my mom okay? Mom?" Lily cries as Aurora looks at her.

"Lily, keep counting.Lily!One, two, squeeze." Aurora snaps at her as she continues.

"How's she doing?" Alex asks his sister as she looks over at him.

"Not good.I may have to intubate.Don't you have to do a pressure dressing?" Rory asks him as he looks at the lady.

"Ugh. I see gray matter.Brains are on the ground. there's nothing we can do.Oh, crap.This kid's got a shard of glass in her eye.She's unconscious.Her pulse is Low." Alex says as he checks over the girl.

"That's my Sister. That's Abby." Lily cries looking at Alex's patient.

"Lily...just see the blinker on the Van?Just watch that blinker and keep counting.One, two, squeeze.
One, two, squeeze." Aurora says to her as she continues to focus on the baby.
~
Aurora runs over to the car as he finds the boy as she checks over him. And then she tries to get him free so that she can move him.

"Rory,there's a car coming!" Alex shouts out to his sister.

"Oh, crap.Can you feel your legs?" She says looking at the boy.

"You gotta get outta there!" Alex shouts at his sister as worry grows for her.

"He's trapped. I have to get his legs free!" Rory shouts back to Alex as he looks over at her.

"There's not time!" Alex calls out to her.

"Rory get out of the road! Rory! Aurora!" Alex shouts at his sister.

"No, don't leave me." Micheal says as Aurora gets an idea as she moves into the road to try to stop the oncoming vehicle.

"What the hell are you...they're not even gonna see you! Aurora, what are you doing?!" Alex shouts to his sister as she ignores him.

"Stop! Please!" Aurora shouted trying to stop the vehicle that came round the corner.
~
"13-year-old female,intubated in the field.Multiple facial fractures.Foreign body to the eye." Aurora tells them as Derek walks out with Meredith as they come to help with the patients.

"You're bleeding you need stitches." Derek says looking at his best friends head as she shakes it off.

"No, I'll be okay.I'm gonna take care of it. Just make sure these kids are okay." Aurora says to him as she heads inside.

Aurora walks inside as Jackson ran over to her wrapping her in his embrace and pulling her into his chest as he held her tightly and placed kisses on her head. "Thank god your okay." Jackson says worry visible in his tone as he pulls away seeing the blood on her head.

"It's fine not as bad as it looks." Aurora says as he shakes his head taking her into one of the patient rooms.
~
Jackson finishes cleaning up Rorys head as she looks up at him as she sees he's still slightly worried. "This better not been a practice on me I don't want any awful scarring. Might scare away my hot surgeon boyfriend." Aurora jokes trying to lighten the mood as Jackson puts a piece of hair behind her ears and kisses her.

Aurora kisses him back as he rests his head against hers. "Nothing could make me leave you. We're in this for the rest of our lives. Your stuck with me wether you like it if not." Jackson says making her smile.

"No other way I'd rather have it." Aurora says to him as she pulls him into a hug resting her head on his shoulder taking in his familiar scent.
~
Aurora found Alex sat on the gurney as she sat beside him. "How are you doing?" She asks him as he doesn't look at her.

"Yeah I'm fine. The baby's going to be okay too I think Robbins won't let me back in said I needed a break how's your head?" Alex asks her.

"Yeah it's fine and Derek took off his service for the rest the night too. I'm glad the baby's going to be okay." Aurora says as Alex looked up at her.

"Why didn't you listen to me? I called your name and told you to move and you stood in the middle of the road in front of a truck why didn't you move?" Alex says to her as Aurora looks at him.

"Because a kid could've been killed he deserved a chance to live." Aurora says as Alex looks at her.

"I'd probably have done the same." Alex says as Aurora smiles at him slightly.
~
Aurora changed out of her scrubs as she found Jackson waiting for her as she smiled at him as he wrapped his arm around her. "Everything okay?" Aurora asks him.

"Yeah everything is fine ready to go home." Jackson asks as he places a kiss on her head.

"Yeah let's go." Aurora says as they headed over to the car as Aurora sat in her own thoughts most of the way home silence between them was comfortable and peaceful.