Chapter 98

Rory phone rang as she answered it reading the caller Id to be Derek. "Hey what's up?" Rory says as she was getting ready.

"Hey have you got anything planned today?" He asks her down the phone.

"Jackson and I have a scan for junior in an hour." Rory told him.

"Fancy a quick trip to D.C?" He asks her.

"You want me to come with you?" She questions him.

"Yeah Neuro dream team trips like the old days." Derek says as Rory chuckles.

"You mean the camping trips and fishing trips yeah sure could be good. I'll run it by Jackson and meet you at the hospital after my appointment." Rory says as she arranged everything with Jackson and told Amelia she would be taking over her service for a couple days.

~
Rory was dancing with Parker in the kitchen as Everly was sat in her high chair. Jackson stood watching his with and kids with a content look on his face.

Rory noticed him as she smiled at him. She was at her happiest. Everything between her and Jackson was perfect. She had two beautiful children who were thriving and another one on the way.

"What can I do for you Dr Avery?" Rory asks placing Parker in his high chair as she faces the twins their cereal.

"I don't know what can you do for me Dr Karev?" Jackson says wrapping his arms around Rory as he felt the baby kicking.

"You still good for our appointment this morning?" Rory asks him as Jackson presses his lips against hers.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. How about we get something to eat and then head out get these two to the daycare before we're due at the scan." Jackson says as Rory nods at him.

"Sounds like a plan." She tells him going to grab something to eat as Jackson went to make himself a cup of coffee.
~
Rory kissed the twins head as they ran into the daycare as Jackson took Rorys hand before heading to their appointment.

Rory got settled on the bed as Jackson stood beside her placing a kiss on her head. Dr Russo walked in as he smiled at the couple. "How are you guys going today?" He asks them.

"Yeah we're good ready to see this little one." Jackson says as Rory smiles at him slightly.

Dr Russo got set up as he ran the Doppler across Rory stomach to check everything was fine. The couple smiled at each other as their babies heart beat echoed around the room.

"Well everything look great. Baby is measuring perfectly and we have a strong and healthy heart beat. Have you been feeling okay?" Dr Russo asks Rory.

"Yeah I've been fine. The baby has been kicking a lot lately but other than little discomfort it's been fine a little easier then the pregnancy with the twins." Rory says as Dr Russo smiled at her.

"Well everything checks out for 28 weeks we'll run the usual tests and I'll print of your scan for you." He says walking out of the room as Jackson smiled at her.

"Are you going to be okay with the twins?" She asks him as he smiles at her.

"Yeah we'll be fine and it'll be good for you to spend sometime with Derek. I know you've been stressed about this little one and the twins and work. Anyway it's only a night." Jackson says as Rory smiles at him.

"How did I get so lucky to marry you?" She asks him pressing her lips against his as he kisses her back resting his head against hers.

"I'm the lucky one I love you." Jackson says smiling at his wife.

"I love you more." Rory says smirking at him to which he shook his head at her.

"That's not possible." He told her as Rory kisses him again.
~
Jackson stood looking at the scan picture wrapping his arm around Rory. "I have to say we make beautiful babies." Jackson commented as Rory smiled at him.

"Oh please with a face like your how could we not." Rory says kissing Jackson as he leaned down and kisses her back.

A cough broke the two apart as Rory turned to Derek give him a small smile. "We should get going." He told her as Rory nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow when we get back. Send that to your mom and I'll call you and the kids tonight I love you." Rory says to him.

"I love you too." He says kissing her again as his pager goes off before he heads off and Rory and Derek headed to the Airport.
~
Rory sat on the ferry boat as Derek left a message for Meredith as he sat beside her. "She didn't pick up?" She asks him as he shook his head.

"She'll probably be in surgery or something." He tells Rory as she nods at him.

"So your definitely doing it this time resigning?" Rory asks him as Derek looked out at the water.

"I am. I don't want to miss my kids grow up and I don't want to be away from my wife. I don't need to be in D.C to change the world. We do it everyday with every patient we save. And that's enough it should have always been enough. What we do in the O.R that changes the world or someone's world when we save the people they love or we save them." Derek says making Rory smile at him.

"Dr Shepherd is back. I'm glad you've found what make you happy again." Rory says to him as Derek wraps his arm around her.

"Me too and I'm glad your happy Rory. I know I have a lot of sisters but your also like a sister to me and my best friend all I want is you to be happy." He tells her.

"I am Jackson, the kids, everyone at the hospital and surgery that's happy. That's the happiness." Rory says as the two continue to catch up.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- we will be losing Derek soon🥺😢.

Any name ideas for baby Avery? I'm kind of going with the theme of six letter like Parker and Everly.
I want to do something a little different for this book and with Dereks death.