Chapter 82

Rory answered her phone as Dereks face popped up on her screen. "Hey how's DC?"  She asks him.

"Yeah it's been good but busy how's everything back in Seattle?" He asks her.

"Yeah great. Your service is running fine I think I did 6 back to back surgeries yesterday which was great. So when are you back?" Rory asks him.

"Tonight I've got a couple more meeting then I'll be flying back but I'm supposed to have a surgery with Meredith. I wanted to know if you can cover it if not I'd ask Amy but she seems distracted." He says to her as Rory nods.

"Yeah it's fine." Rory says as one of the twins woke up. "I need to go see which one it is. I'll see you later." She says to him.

"Yeah see you when I'm back." He says as they ended the phone as Rory went to check on the twins.
~
"So, you'll access the spine through the retro peritoneum,and I will perform the fusion with
bone graft between L5 and s1." Rory asks her as Meredith nods at her.

"Yeah have you spoken to Amelia lately?" She asks as Rory looks up at her.

"Briefly about patients but she's been a little distracted." Rory says as Meredith nods at her.

"I feel bad Just because Derek and I are having
a hard time juggling our lives we are keeping her from her own life." Meredith tells Rory.

"You'll guys will figure it out and Amelia seems to be avoiding her life." Rory says as Meredith nods agreeing with her friend.
~
"Sorry, I'm having a little bit of trouble dividing these branching vessels." Meredith says to Rory as Amelia stood beside them.

"I can retract the iliac vein medially to help with exposure." Rory says to her.

"Thanks." Meredith says to her. "Derek's coming home tonight." Meredith says to Amelia.

"Yep." Amelia says to her.

"Which means you can go home." Meredith says to her.

"I understand.I'm sorry.You were just trying to be
nice, and I bit your head off.I will be out of your
hair first thing tomorrow." Amelia says to her as Meredith looks at Rory.

"Oh, that? No. This is not about that.I've already forgotten you said that." Meredith tells her.

"So, this isn't you kicking me out for being a bitch?" Amelia asks her.

"No. No, we love having you here, but we don't want to keep you from your life any more than we have to, so...What's so funny?" Meredith asks her.

"N... I'm sorry. It's just...If I had spoken to anyone at Seaside Wellness the way I spoke to you, I-I would have to have a conversation for six hours about it.
I love it here.James and I have not been fighting
about the fact that I'm still here. We have been fighting about the fact that I never want to leave." Amelia says to them as Meredith and Rory share a look.
~
Rory finished up with her surgery with Meredith as she walked out to see Alex. "Well if it isn't mr Fancy?" Rory says smirking as Alex smiles at her.

"Hey Rory." He says to his sister as she smiles at him.

"Hey Alex. You have a surgery with robbins?" She asks him as he looks at her.

"Something like that." He tells her as she looks up at him.

"How's going over at the practice?" She asks him.

"Yeah it's okay it's a completely different thing but it's okay." He tells her as she nods at him.

"We never did celebrate you getting the job so how about drinks at Joes if your not too busy with Wilson?" Rory says to him.

"More like if your not too busy with Avery." Alex says wrapping his arm around her.

"Shove off Alex. Let's go and these are on you." She tells him as they headed to get change and head over to Joes.
~
Rory finished changing out of her scrubs as she saw Jackson as he smiled at her. "Hey long day?" She asks him as he nods.

"Yeah just a bit." He tells her.

"Well I need you to pick the twins up and get them to bed I'm going to meet Alex at Joes catch up with him a bit." Rory says as Jackson nods at her.

"Yeah sounds fine. Enjoy your night." He says to her as she smiles as she leans up and kisses him.

"I will. You too I'll see you when I get home." Rory says as he kisses her back.

"I'll be waiting." He says smiling as she goes to find Alex.
~
Rory finished at the bar with Alex as she made her way home as she smiled at Jackson as he was messing on his laptop. "Hey are they asleep?" She asks as he nods seeing her.

"Yeah how was your night with Alex?" He asks her as she sits beside him.

"Yeah it was good. What about you?" She asks him.

"I played with the twins, made their dinner, bathed  them, read them a book and now their asleep." He says as Rory smiles at him.

"Your a wonderful dad and husband." Rory says to him.

"Thank you and your a great wife and mother." He says to her as she leans up and kisses him as he kisses her back pulling her towards him as he moved his laptop.

"I love you." Rory says to him.

"I love you too." He says to her as he began kissing her again.