Chapter 49

Rory stood beside Meredith as Ben announced the wedding would be running a little later and Bailey had been pulled into an emergency surgery.

"That poor handsome fool.Bailey's probably hopped
a boxcar to Mexico by now.I am the worst maid of honor ever." Callie says beside them.

"Who made you maid of honor?" Arizona asks her wife.

"I called it.And then I tanked it.Uh, I'm-I'm gonna go to the hospital." Callie says to them.

"Right now?" Arizona questions her.

"I'll go. I'm the general surgeon.Maybe I can tag her out of surgery.Put this in water till I get back." Meredith says handing her flowers to Rory as she leaves as Rory goes to find Jackson.
~
Rory sat beside Jackson as some of the food we're making her feel sick as she drank down a glass of water. "Are you sure you don't want anything else to drink?" Jackson asks her as Rory looks at him.

"No I'm fine." Rory says with a small smile as Jackson put his hand on her thigh as they pagers for off.

"Looks like we're needed at the hospital." April says as Jackson and Rory nods and follow her over to the interns.

"All of us.Big trauma back at the ranch.You kids coming?" Jackson says as Rory rolls her eyes at her husband.

"Yes, indeed." Stephanie says as she stands up.

"Yeah, I'm coming, too." Jo says as Alex shakes his head at her.

"Nope. Uh, you don't get to practice medicine with booze in your system, Hobo Jo." Alex says as Rory hits the back of her brothers head.

"You're Hobo Jo?" Stephanie asks her.

"Like "Rides the rails and eats beans from a can"?" Shane asks her.

"I don't... I don't know. Weird." Jo says as she and Rory glare at Alex.

"Shane, you can ride with me." April says as Jackson takes Rory's hand and follows April out.
~
Rory sat in a chair beside Derek as he opened his eyes slightly looking at his best friend. "Shouldn't you be at a wedding?" He asks her as Rory looks at him.

"Uhh Bailey is busy in surgery and Jackson got called in for a motorcycle pileup so I thought I'd come see you. How you feeling?" She asks him.

"Just a bit of discomfort and a but tired but besides that I'm all good." Derek says as Rory nods at him. "Now what's going on with you?" He asks her being able to read her very well.

"Me nothing everything is good." Rory asks as Derek looks at her.

"Rory I can read you too well there's something now tell me." Derek says to her.

"I can't tell you at least not yet Alex and Meredith already know and I can't even figure a way to tell Jackson. I have no idea how he's going to take it I mean we only just got married." Rory says as Derek smiles at her.

"You're pregnant?" Derek asks her as Rory nods her head slowly. "No way how many weeks?" He asks her.

"10 weeks." She says as Dereks nods his head.

"Your a couple of weeks ahead of Meredith." Derek says before he realised what he said.

"Meredith is pregnant?" Rory says surprised.

"Yeah but you can't say anything no one is supposed to know with everything that happened last time." Derek says as Rory nods understanding. "Our babies are going to be great friends." Derek says as Rory smiles.

"Oh the absolute best." Rory says smiling at Derek smiles at her.
~
Rory watched Jackson's surgery as she saw Stephanie watching him as Rory rolls her eyes as Jackson sees her and smiles up at her. "Everything okay M'lady?" Jackson says with a smirk at his wife.

"Yeah you going to be done soon just the wedding and I really need to talk to you." Rory says as Jackson looks at her slightly worried as she smiles at him. "It's good actually really good." Rory says as Jackson nods his head.

"I should be done soon and I'll come find you." Jackson says as Rory nods before leaving the gallery.
~
Rory sat in the attending's lounge with her eyes shut as she felts lips against her jaw as she smiled opening her eyes to Jackson. "Hey you tired?" Jackson asks her.

"No just bored but not now your here." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her as he sits beside her.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jackson asks as Rory goes to get something out of her bag as she hands it to him.

Jackson looks at her confused as she hands him an envelope. "Open it." Rory says to him as she sits beside him.

Jackson opens the envelope as he sees a card as he opens it to see a scan picture with writing below it. "Hi daddy, I know I'm just a little bump but I'm going to grow and grow really big and strong. I already love you. Mommy told me all about you and you sound great. I can't wait to meet you love baby Avery." Jackson reads as a smile on his face grows as he looks up at Rory.

"Really?" He asks her as she nods smiling at him. "We're having a baby. How far along are you?" Jackson asks her.

"10 weeks I found out on our wedding day with Alex." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her.

"How come you haven't said anything?" Jackson asks her.

"I just wanted to be sure we've still got a few weeks till we're out of the danger zone but I really couldn't keep it in any longer Meredith and Derek know. Derek and Alex worked it out actually." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her.

He leans in and kisses her as she kisses him as he pulls her onto his lap and begins kissing her neck as he moves the strap of her dress.
~
Jackson had his arms wrapped around Rory his hands on her stomach as they watched Bailey and Ben dancing.

Rory rest her head again his chest with a simple smile on her lips as she held his hands in hers on her stomach. "I wish we could freeze this moment." Rory says quietly as only Jackson hears as he smiles onto her hair.

"Yeah me too baby." Jackson says kissing her head as he takes her hand and pulls her to dance with him.