Chapter 129

Rory was dropping the twins off at preschool while Jackson took Tommy to the daycare. He also went to check how April and Harriet were doing. "Are you sure you have everything?" Rory says holding one of their hands.

"Yes mommy." Parker and Everly say as they walked beside Rory heading into the preschool.

"Listen Lucy is picking you up and taking you to grandmas house tonight okay. So both of you on your best behaviour for grandma and Grandpa Richard. I love you both have a good day." Rory says while they both hug her.

"Bye mommy." Everly called out before running towards her teacher while Parker looked at Rory.

"Are you okay little man?" Rory says smiling at her son who wasn't acting like his cheerful self.

"Can I see uncle Alex soon?" Parker asks while Rory looked at Parker smiling at him before she knelt to his height.

"I'll call him and ask him to come see you tomorrow is that okay?" Rory says while Parker nod with a huge smile on his face before hugging Rory.

"I love you mommy." Parker said smiling before he ran into the class while Rory waved at the twins. She headed back to the car before driving to the hospital.
~
Rory went to check on one of her patients as Alex waited outside the room. He gave her a weak smile which she returned before handing her tablet to the nurse who looked at the both of them.

"Hey." Alex said while the two of them headed down the hallway.

"Hey so I'm sorry I can't be there today I've tried to change my schedule but aneurysms don't wait around." Rory says lightly while Alex watched her.

"It's no problem honestly it's just a plea hearing anyway." Alex said while Rory looked at him.

"Right of course. Don't do anything stupid I've already got Parker who's all confused because he hasn't seen his uncle Alex recently. Honestly I think your his hero he might even love you more than he does me." Rory says smiling slightly.

"That's not true your his mom I'm just cool uncle Alex." He says looking at his twin sister.

"Your his literal hero. Anyway you should come to dinner tomorrow. Meredith is bringing the kids and Jackson is cooking so we're all good. It should be good." Rory says while Alex nods at her.

"I'll be there. I should get going but I'll see you later." Alex says before he went to meet Meredith as they headed to court. Rory sighed looking at her brother walk away before heading to her next patient.
~
Rory knocked on Aprils door as she saw her looking upset as Jackson and Matthew sat beside her. "Everything okay?" Rory questioned looking at them.

"Harriet gets to go home but I have to stay it's not fair she should be with me." April cries while Matthew and Jackson tried to console her.

"Just think of it as a Power Nap. Your going to be losing a lot of sleep and you just get to recharge a little more. I get it you want to be with your daughter to protect her and keep her safe. We hated leaving Tommy when he was in the NICU but it was for the best. You need to get better April so you can be the mom you want to be for your daughter. Your going to be an amazing mom." Rory says sitting beside April while Matthew sent her a grateful smile.

"You think so?" April asked looking at Rory who smiled brightly at her.

"I know you will. She's a very lucky little girl. You've got a village of people around you both remember that. And if you need anything you can call us." Rory says looking at Jackson who nodded and smiled at her.
~
Rory sat colouring with Tommy in the daycare as Jackson walked in looking at his wife and youngest child. "I thought you'd be up here." Jackson says sitting beside them.

"Well you found us. Did you need something?" Rory asks not looking at Jackson as she continue helping Tommy.

"You've been quiet today I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I know the whole Alex and Deluca could be stressful you can talk to me." Jackson says taking Rorys hand into his own.

"I know and I'm fine. I'm just spending time with my son. I thought you had a surgery." Rory says watching Tommy as Jackson watched her.

"It got pushed so I might be out of here a little later than we planned. I thought maybe we could grab dinner tonight since the twins are with my mom." Jackson says while Rory pulls a face slightly of confusion.

"We've still got another child at home." Rory says while Jackson shakes his head.

"I've asked Lucy and she's going to watch him. Come on Rory we've not been spending much time together lately. I just want some time with my wife." Jackson says while Rory sighs.

"We've got kids Jackson and we're surgeons what do you expect. I don't want to grab dinner tonight. Mommy's got to go to work I'll see you later little man." Rory says kissing Tommys cheek before walking out of the daycare without looking at Jackson.
~
Rory sat with Tommy as she finished reading him a book.  "Then he lay close by and whispered with a smile. "I love you right up to the moon and back ."" Rory ready Guess how much I love you. She smiled at Tommy as his brown eyes reflected her own.

"Milk please Momma." Tommy said as Rory handed him bottle while she stroked his hair. Tommy leaned into her touch and began drifting to sleep. Rory kissed Tommy on the head before collecting his stuff and taking it downstairs.

Rory finished washing up the dishes as Jackson was sat eating his dinner before placing his plate in the sink. Jackson stood behind Rory his hands resting either side of her. "Talk to me." Jackson said concerned about his wife.

"I need you to talk to me Rory. Let me in tell me what's going on in your head. Because I can't see you like this." Jackson says as Rory turns around looking up at him.

"This has happened before with Alex." Rory says looking at Jackson who gave her a confused expression.  "Jimmy he beat up Jimmy. He had been abusing our mom and Alex snapped that's the last time we saw him. The day he walked out on us and Alex was protecting our mom. Like now he was trying and thinking he was protecting Jo." Rory says looking at her rings as she fiddled with them.

Jackson saw this and took her hands in his as he looked at her. "Everything is going to be okay. Like you said he thought he was protecting Wilson right? This will all be fine." Jackson says as Rory shook her head.

"I can't get your word on that and you can't promise anything." Rory said as Jackson rest his head against hers.

"Maybe not but I know Alex and I know that things will work out. You trust me don't you so trust me on this." Jackson said looking at his wife as she leaned up and kissed him.

Jackson kisses her back before pulling away slightly. "You know it's still early and Tommy is asleep." Jackson says causing Rory to giggle lightly before kissing him again before the two headed into the front room.