Chapter 125

"Come on Ev you need to put your shoes on." Rory stood telling her daughter who was refusing to put her shoes.

"No! I don't want to." Everly exclaimed as she glared at Rory. Rory shook her head at her daughters antic knowing how much she was reminding her of herself.

"The only time you actually have some resemblance of me is in your tantrums. Listen Ev we need to go mommy has to go to work and you have to go to pre school." Rory said looking at her three year old daughter.

"No!" Everly stomped looking at Rory who sighed before looking at the boys who were both ready and waiting.

"Everly Alexis Avery you come put your shoes on right now before I call your daddy and he can come deal with you." Rory says looking at her daughter.

Everly didn't move at all she stood glaring at Rory who shook her head and pulled out her phone and called Jackson. He had gone on a run with Warren leaving her to get the children ready.

"Hey Baby. Everything okay?" Jackson answered while Rory sighed watching her daughter.

"Are you nearly home because your daughter will not put her shoes on." Rory says as Jackson chuckles down the phone. "It's not funny Avery we're late. Parker and Tommy are stood waiting but your little princess is having one of her tantrums." Rory complains to her husband.

"Well she gets it from you it's your stubbornness all our children have inherited." Jackson says causing Rory to scoff.

"Okay Mr Cool calm and collected hurry your ass up and sort out our daughter." Rory scoffed before ending the phone on Jackson.

Jackson walked in a few minutes later laughing at his wife and daughter. Rory shoved Everlys shoes against his chest before going to get her sons in the car.

Everly walked out with her shoes on and Jackson holding her hand. "You've got to be kidding me." Rory mumbled as Jackson helped Everly into her car seat.

Jackson opened Rorys door with a smug smile while she looked at him unimpressed. "Oh come on Rory it's isn't my fault she's a daddy's girl." Jackson said snuggly before leaning down to kiss Rory as she swerved him.

"Not time for that I'll see you at the hospital." Rory says closing her car door while Jackson looks shocked before she drops the twins off at preschool.
~
Rory stood beside Alex while she did her Neuro checks on the young boy who had been shot. Before they all took him to trauma one. "A GSW to the right upper quadrant.Belly is soft.Okay.I'm gonna need a..." Owen said checking the abdomen for any further wounds.

"An ultrasound." Richard said while Owen nodded in response.

"You know... you know,let me get in there.I'll... I'll... I'll do it." Richard says looking at them.

"He's a little tachycardic, but his pulse is strong." Jo informed all of the attending.

"Karev, any reflexes?" Bailey asks looking at Rory who was doing the Neuro exam.

"Spinal shock. The bullet must have penetrated the spinal cord." Rory says barely looking up as she looks at the little boy.

"All right, let's get him to CT.Everyone clear the room." Alex called out to all of them.

"All right, you heard him.Thank you and goodbye." Bailey called out while the other surgeons left leaving the rest to work on the little boy.
~
"Brandon's injuries are severe.And we're taking him up to surgery right now." Owen informed Brandon's mother.

"The bullet hit his spinal cord,so at the moment we are evaluating..." Rory informs her before the babysitter walked in.

"Patty." The baby sitter called out while Rory and Owen shared a look.