Chapter 91

Rory held her phone out as she was on FaceTime to Derek. "She didn't come see you?" Rory asks him as he looked at her confused.

"No I haven't seen her since I left. Seriously everyone thought she was in D.C I wonder where she stayed then?" Derek says as Rory shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. I wish I could do that say I'm off to visit someone and just go to a spa or something." Rory says as she opens a bag of chips looking at Derek.

"Things that bad?" He asks her as Rory shakes her head.

"No it's just Jackson back to helicopter husband since he found I was pregnant again. And the twins I love my kids but they have a thing for hitting each other and Parker he is so competitive and stubborn I don't know where he get it from." Rory says as Derek laughs at her.

"He gets it from you. If you ever need to escape your always welcome to come visit me." Derek says to her as Rory smiles at him.

"Bit lonely over there?" She asks him as he nods at her slightly.

"I love doing this work but I miss Meredith and the kids I even miss you and Amy sometimes." Derek says as Rory rolls her eyes at him.

"Glad to know your thinking of us but we all miss you too. Hey I've got a surgery soon but I'll call you tomorrow." Rory says to him as he nods to her.

"Yeah call you tomorrow bye and bye baby Avery."Derek shouts as Rory chuckles at him and ends the calls before heading out of the on call room.
~
"Hillary,scans show that the fall caused an artery under your skull to bleed.You'll need surgery
to repair it." Rory tells her patient.

"And then Dr. Wilson and I will repair the
fracture in your knee." Callie tells her.

"But none of this explains why you passed out. Has this ever happened before? Fainting, dizzy spells?" Rory asks her.

"No, never." Hillary tells them.

"Uh, Todd said that it happened a couple of times.
You were talking on the couch and then you..." Jo says to her.

"I just nodded off." Hillary tells them as Rory nods at her.

"Well, I'd like to run a complete neuro work-up to find out..." Rory says to them.

"Is that really necessary?" Hillary asks her.

"I know it's scary,but multiple fainting spells can mean a lot of things...Heart problems..." Rory tells her.

"It's not that." Hillary tells her.

"I'm also concerned about narcolepsy, cataplexy..." Rory says to her.

"No, no!There's no plexies.I didn't faint.Not on the couch,not on the stairs." She tells them as the three surgeons exchange a look.

"Okay, well, Todd said that..." Callie says to them.

"I faked it.I faked fainting when he proposed because I didn't know how to say no without breaking his tender, little, quivering heart." Hillary tells them.

"Whoa." Callie says as Rory looks at her as she looks back.
~
"Oh, god, I'm awful.There is nothing wrong with Todd.He's... he's nice and he's stable and he cares for me deeply...So deeply.And he's clingy, and he loves to...I don't even know what to call it,but he likes to...
Pet me.It's really soft, and it... ugh!He's boring.So, I just started doing this thing where I pretend to faint
so he'll stop talking." Hillary tells them as Rory tries not to laugh.

"Wow, that is..." Callie says not finding the right word.

"Diabolical." Rory finishes for her.

"Why don't you just tell him the truth?" Jo says as Rory nods in agreement.

"Because it would kill him.I mean, he wants to take things to the next level, but the more that he feels,
the less I do.And then today,we were in the park,
and he got down on one knee and he looked up at me
with his big wet eyes,so I just...Faked it.I didn't realize how close I was to the steps. But I had to go with it all the way down." Hillary says to them.

"You can really commit." Rory says smiling at her and nodding at her.

"Yeah.But not to Todd." Hillary tells them as Rory walks out quickly and tries not to laugh.
~
"Minimal swelling.I like that." Rory says as she continues with her surgery.

"Hey, can I get an e.T.A on when you're closing
just so I can prep the leg?" Callie asks as Rory nods.

"One last vessel here." Rory tells her.

"So, she threw herself down a flight of stairs just to avoid telling him yes or no?" Jo says to them.

"Mm-hmm.Have you met the boyfriend?" Rory says to them. "Wilson, go let him know that her brain surgery was successful.Bring tissues." Rory says to her as she chuckles.

"Oh.Poor guy." Callie says as Rory looks at her.

"Poor guy?" She questions her. "I'm sewing her brain shut right now." Rory tells her.

"Oh, Todd's the problem here?Why?'Cause he cares too much?He feels too much?He's... he's willing
to devote himself fully to another person. That's the problem?" Callie says looking at Rory.

"Maybe they both have a part to play she should be more honest and he should find someone who'll love him back in the same way." Rory says looking at Callie.

"Well, then that's it.That's why I can't pick people up anymore,because I don't know how to put them back down.That's why I have no game.I used to have game.I had such game." Callie says looking at Rory.

"Yeah?" Rory asks looking at her as Callie rolls her eyes at her sarcasm.

"I used to be fun and cool and sexy and go to bars
and do this thing where you make eye contact once
and look away.Just reel them in without a word.Such game.Hey, what was your secret? You and Avery never seem to fight. It's like your perfect for each other I thought me and Arizona were too." Callie rambles as Rory looks at her.

"I was in love Jackson when I was in med school and we lost each other. Some how we found our way back to each other and we listen to each other and we communicate. He just understands me and I understand him. I also know that there is no other man that would compare and I don't think I could love anyone more than Jackson." Rory says as Callie looks at her.

"Stupid perfect marriage." Callie says as Rory chuckles at her.
~
Rory changed out of her scrubs as Jackson walked in as she looked at him. "Hey i thought you were picking the twins up?" Rory asks him.

"My mom called said she wanted to spend some time with them. She taking them for the night so I thought we could go out or something." Jackson says to her.

"That sounds perfect but I've got an idea." Rory says as Jackson looks at her confused as she tools his hand as he followed behind her.
~
"This is your idea? Is it even safe for you?" He asks her as the Avery couple stood on the baseball field as she smiled at him.

"Yes it is safe for me and our baby. I love how much you care baby but sometime you worry to much I wouldn't do anything to harm our baby or any of our children." Rory says as Jackson looks at her.

"I know you wouldn't. I just don't want anything to happen to you or our baby." He tells her as she leans up and kisses him as he kisses her back.

"Let's play Avery." Rory told him as Jackson went to grab the base balls as Rory stood up to bat. Jackson threw one as Rory hit it far across the field.

"I love you." Jackson shouted to his wife.

"I love you more Jackson Avery." She called back as he ran over to her wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her as she kissed him back.Rory stood smiling at Jackson as he smiled wrapping his arms around her.