Chapter 131

Rory walked into the conference room as Jackson was sleeping with his head on the table. "Someone keep you up?" Rory smirked looking at her husband as he sat up.

"Everly had a nightmare last night and I couldn't get her back to sleep until half 4." Jackson says yawning as Rory looks at him.

"Why did you not wake me up?" Rory says sitting on his lap while he wrapped his arms around her.

"Because your always the one to get up when the kids are sick or have nightmares. I wanted to take this one and let you sleep. Honestly I tried everything I read her a story and sat with her nothing worked." Jackson says looking at his wife as he yawned again.

"Parker likes to lay with his blanket and for you to read to him. Tommy likes to lay on your chest with his giraffe the one Derek bought him. And Everly likes her bunny and her back rubbing it comforts her to know you there." Rory says while Jackson looks at her.

"I'm their dad and I don't even know that stuff." Jackson said as Rory knew how hard he was on himself to be a good dad.

"Don't do this to yourself. I'm their mom it's my job to know that stuff and you are an amazing dad." Rory says as she cups his face.

"I know nothing about my own kids." Jackson said while Rory smiled at him pressing her lips against his.

"What's Tommys favourite book for you to read at bedtime?" Rory asks looking at her husband.

"Goodnight moon he makes me read it like three times through." Jackson says without even thinking while Rory smiles.

"What's the one Toy Everly takes everywhere with her?" Rory asks looking at Jackson with her head on his chest.

"Her white bunny with the tutu my mom got her it for her first birthday." Jackson says smiling at his wife.

"And what does Parker do when he's excited?" Rory asks looking at Jackson.

"That's silly dance that always makes you smile and laugh." Jackson says smiling at his wife as he pressed his lips against hers. "Thank you." He mumbled.

"Your a great dad Jackson don't ever doubt that." Rory said cuddled up in his lap while Jackson held her pressing his lips against her head.
~
Rory sat beside Meredith on the bed as they ate her lunch as Alex walked in on the phone. "Okay, uh, so I have two more patients' parents  saying they'll be character witnesses. Yeah. I-I'm trying to get there. I-I'll be there. I'll -- I'll try." Alex says as he hangs up the phone.

"Was that your lawyer?" Meredith asks as she eat her food.

"Meeting's supposed to be at 4:00 if I can get past Timir the gatekeeper. You bring ketchup?" Alex asks going to grab some food as Meredith stops him.

"Ugh, did you wash your hands?" She says giving him a bit of hand gel.

"Why are we here?" Maggie asks as she and Amelia walk in.

"Oh, because Alex is here, and we want to see what Alex is up to." Rory says as Meredith gives them each some hand gel.

"Does Alex have something he'd like to share with the group? AA pamphlets?" Maggie says as Amelia picks up the pamphlet.

"They're for this patient, this college kid. She's a mess." Alex tells them.

"Literature is not gonna do it. When you're addicted to something and you want it so badly, a piece of paper is -- It's not gonna make her stay away." Amelia says to them.

"What would make you stay away? Say if you were a bartender and an alcoholic  and there's alcohol in front of you right under your nose all the time. Doing cardio surgeries." Maggie says as Rory looks at Meredith confused.

"Uh, count to five. If that doesn't work, get out of there, remove yourself from the situation. So, on a scale of lots to nothing,  how much would you say you knew about my brother when you guys got married?" Amelia asks looking at Meredith.

"I'm not getting in the middle of that." Meredith says to her.

"Why? Did Owen...I knew Owen would say something to you." Amelia says to Meredith.

"See? There's something you know about him." Meredith says winding Amelia up as she looks at Rory.

"What about you and Jackson?" She says as Rory looks up at her fellow neurosurgeon.

"We've known each other since we were in college. And we're living together from the moment we started dating so more or less everything. Every marriage is different and who knows it could be a whole more fun not knowing everything about him. You've still got the element of mystery." Rory said to Amelia before her pager went off and she bid goodbye to them.
~
Rory got home from work as the twins and Tommy were sat with Lucy doing arts and craft. "Momma." Tommy exclaimed as he ran towards Rory as she smiled at him.

Rory picked him up as she rested him on her hip. "Hey little man. Have you been good for Lucy?" Rory asks as she kisses his head and walks into the kitchen.

"They've all been great. We made our own pizzas and had those for tea." Lucy tells Rory as she clears up the table while the twins where still colouring.

"Thank you Lucy." Rory smiles placing Tommy on the chair as she kisses the twins before Everly looks at her.

"Look mommy." Everly says showing Rory her picture as she smiles brightly at her mom. "It's you and daddy at work. Helping the poorly people." Everly said as Rory smiled at her daughter.

"That's great sweetheart. You did very well with daddy's eyes it looks exactly like him." Rory chuckled with Lucy at the Jackson figure.

"Can you put it in the fridge so daddy can see it?" Everly asks as Rory picks her up and places the picture on the fridge.

"There now daddy will see it when he gets home. Now I believe it's time for a bath. Why don't you and Parker help Tommy up and I'll be up in a minute?" Rory says to Everly as she runs to her brothers before they all headed upstairs.

Rory let Lucy out before going to bath and get the children ready for bed. The twins had finished with their baths first as they were helping Rory with Tommy.

"No mister we don't do that. Parker don't encourage him." Rory said as the boys were flicking water everywhere. Jackson got back confused to where his family were. He heard the giggles of his kids as he headed towards the bathroom.

"Are you all having fun without me?" Jackson asks as the twins ran and hugged him. Tommy squealed as Rory wrapped him in a towel lifting him out of the bath.

"Just in time to dress the water monster." Rory says handing Tommy to Jackson who chuckled at his wife.

"Nice to see you too my lovely wife." Jackson says sarcastically as Rory smiles before taking the twins to play in their room.
~
Rory laid in bed reading her book as Jackson fell onto the bed beside her. He turned over watching his wife as she looked at him slightly. "Can I do something for you Dr Avery?" Rory asks looking back at her book.

"Hmm maybe." Jackson says leaning over and pressing his lips against hers. Rory pulled back slightly to look at her husband.

"You're ruining my book." Rory says trying not to laugh as Jackson threw her book out of the way. He pulled Rory closer to him and continued kissing her again.