Chapter 35

"Oh, this is getting ridiculous.The N.I.H.?Since when does the N.I.H. bribe residents to come work for them?" Jackson says as Rory finishes tying her lace as she smiles at his reaction.

"Oh, they don't,except when you're me... a god.Hey." Cristina says as Alex steals on of her cookies.

"Cookie's stale." Alex comments as he pulls a face.

"Aw, Karev.Is this hard for you, having to beg for
interviews while some of us just sit back and get wooed?" Cristina says as Rory rolls her eyes at their antics.

"No one is begging." Alex says to them.

"Oh, yeah, maybe you should.Maybe that way,you'd actually get an interview." April says as Jackson sits beside Rory offering her a bit of the cookie he stole which she takes.

"Ha! I love mean Kepner." Cristina says laughing at them.

"I got an interview." Alex says as Rory looks up at her brother confused.

"Oh, really, where?" Rory asks him as she hadn't heard owt about it from him.

"At...places.Whatever! Look, this sucks, okay.I mean, we got boards in a couple of weeks and-and now they want us to go on freakin' job interviews? There's only so much crap a guy can have thrown at him before he snaps." Alex says as Rory smiles at her brother.

"There's a trauma coming in on the roof.Kepner, Karev, come with me." Owen says point to Alex when Rory looks at him.

"I gotta leave for my northwestern interview in an hour. I told you yesterday." April says to Owen.

"Um, Avery?" Owen asks looking at Jackson.

"Sloan's got me all day, chief. Sorry." Jackson says as he pecks Rory's lips before going to find mark.

"I'm free." Meredith says to him as she follows Alex.

"Great.Thank you." Owen says as Rory heads off to go find Derek.
~
"Hunt, she has a temporal bone fracture.I'm gonna have to do a middle fossa approach." Derek says looking at Owen and then back at the screen with Rory.

"Okay, there's an aneurysm in her celiac artery.I'll need to put a graft in." Bailey says to Owen.

"She's ready to be put under, chief." The anaesthesiologist says to them as Meredith walks over.

"Wait.You were running from someone, right?
Is that how you fell?No one's gonna hurt you.We just need to know your name." Meredith says looking at the young girl.

"He-he called me "Susan."But I-I think it's "Holly."" She tells them as Meredith nods at her with a small smile.
~
Aurora handed the patient file to one of the nurses as Derek walked over to catch up to her. "Hey so I just heard back from Baylor and they loved you. Looks like you've got a lot of options opening up." Derek says as Aurora looks up at him.

"That's great so what about Meredith?" Aurora asks as Derek looks at her.

"She's got an interview at the brigham so we could be looking at Boston." Derek says as Aurora smiles at him.

"That's good Jackson just got an interview with UCLA." Aurora says as Derek looks at her.

"So have you any idea on where you want to go?" Derek asks her as Rory thinks for a moment before looking at him again.

"I honestly don't know yet." Rory says before Derek smiles at her.

"You'll figure it out now come on let's go check on these patients." Derek says as she follows after him.
~
Aurora stood in a daze as a pair of arms wrapped around her waist as she was pulled into their chest as she smiled slightly. "What are you thinking about?" Jackson asks as he rests his head on her shoulder.