Chapter 102

A few days had gone by, Rorys condition was improving each day. Also baby boy Avery was also getting a little stronger each day but was still needing help breathing as his lungs continued to develop.

Jackson and Alex kept switching turns between Rory and being in the NICU with the baby. April and Catherine had been helping out with Everly and Parker. While everyone was also trying to be there for Meredith and Amelia as well.

Jackson sat watching his son as Arizona walked in smiling at the baby. "He looks to be doing well." Arizona said to Jackson checking over his chart.

"Yeah he's strong like his mom." Jackson says watching him as he looked at Arizona.

"How's Rory doing?" Arizona asks him.

"Richard says she improving and her stats look good. He wants to try take her off the ventilator later today get her breathing on her own." Jackson says as Arizona smiles at him.

"That's good news." She tells Jackson as he nods at her.

"Yeah I know but I've got to find a way to tell her about Derek." Jackson says his eyes drifting back over to his son.

"Everyone is here for her and we'll all get through this. Don't worry yourself too much just be happy she's getting better and your little boy is strong." Arizona says squeezing his shoulder as she headed out of the NICU.
~
Jackson sat holding Rory's hand as Owen, Bailey, Richard and April walked looking at the couple. "We're going to try remove the ventilator." Richard told Jackson as he just nodded not moving from him spot.

Jackson held Rorys hand to his lips his green eyes glazing over as they turned off the machine all waiting for Rory to start breathing on her own.

The moment felt as though they were becoming minutes before Rory finally started breathing on her own. April hugged her best friend as he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding as he hugged her back.

Richard continued to get Rory situated as she remained asleep. "It's up to Rory now." Richard said to Jackson as he nodding sitting back in his chair.

The others left leaving April and Jackson in the room as they talked about whatever they could. Alex managed to pop his head in to see if there was any change as Catherine was with the baby.
~
Rory's eyes felt heavy as voices came into focus as she heard Jackson and April talking. She slowly tried to open her eyes as everything around her came into focus. Her eyes fell on her husband and his best friend sat beside her.

Neither of the friends had noticed her awake as Rorys throat was dry and she found it difficult to talk. "Ja-Jackson." She managed to breath out quietly and in a croaky voice.

Jackson turned heating his wife's voice which was barley a whisper. He smiled seeing her awake as April smiled to. "Hey try not speak I'll get you some water. Go get Alex and Richard." Jackson said to April as she nodded leaving the room quickly.

Jackson gave Rory a sip of water as she looked at his tired figure. "Is the baby okay?" Rory asks looking at her husband.

"Yeah he's fine he's in the NICU. We've got another little boy and he's just like you." Jackson says smiling as Rory looks at him.

"How long was I out?" Rory asks him as Jacksons smile falls slightly.

"Uhh a few days." Jackson says as Richard and Owen both walk in later followed by Bailey,Alex and April.

"Rory do you remember what happened?" Richard asks her as she looked at him.

"Derek and I helped the people in the crash and got them to the hospital. Derek was turning the car around and one of our phones rang he tried looking for his. We didn't see the semi till it was to late and it hit straight into the side of his car. Everything went black after that." Rory says to them as Jackson wraps his arm around her pulling her against his chest.

"Rory have you got any pain anywhere?" Richard asks looking at one of his former students.

"Just my stomach." Rory says as Richard nodded at her.

"Okay that's normal with your injuries. Well we'll leave to to get some rest and come check in soon." Owen says as Rory nods at him as they leave. Jackson and Alex being the only ones to stay as they share a look.

"Rory-" Jackson starts looking at his wife as she shakes her head.

"Don't I already know. Dereks gone." Rory says as Jackson nods at her before wrapping his arms around her as she rests her chin on his shoulder hugging him.

"I'm so sorry Rory but we're all here for you and I'm not going anywhere." Jackson says as Rory nods resting her head on his shoulder and hiding her face in his neck.

A few tears escaping her eyes as she holds onto Jackson before pulling away and wiping her eyes as she looks at Alex. "How's Meredith?" Rory asks him.

"Uh she's hanging in there. I've tried to talk to her but she doesn't want to talk. She's thrown herself into planning the funeral. Cristina is back until the funeral she's being there for Meredith." Alex tells his sister as she nods at him.
~
Rory laid facing the door as Jackson laid behind her running his hand up her arm to comfort her. "Are the twins okay?" Rory asks with her eyes closed.

"Yeah they're fine. My mom and April have been watching them. They miss you though." Jackson says going quiet as Rory turned to him seeing the solemn look on his face.

"Hey whats the matter?" Rory says to him as Jackson shook his head at her.

"Nothing I'm fine." He says as Rory sat up slightly looking at him

"Jackson talk to me." Rory says to him as he looked at her.

"I just maybe this was it. Maybe this time you wouldn't come back to me. I don't know how to this without you Rory. I can't function without you and I don't ever want to be without you. I don't want to ever have to tell our kids your gone. I love you more than anything and I wouldn't survive losing you. And I came so close to losing you." Jackson says as Rory presses her lips against his before resting her head against is.

"I'm here Jackson. I'm not leaving you. I always fight to come back to you. I always have and I always will. So many things have happened we've been in a shooting. I've been in a plane crash and you nearly got trapped in a burning bus. But we always come back to each other." Rory says as Jackson nods as Rory lays her head on his chest.

"I love you." Jackson says to her.

"I love you too." Rory says as she falls asleep listening to Jackson heartbeat as he holds her as close as possible never wanting to let go.