Chapter 62

Rory checked her phone as she looked up at Jackson. "Meredith's just gone into labour. We should go help." Rory says to him.

"You just gave birth yourself hours ago. And what about the twins?" Jackson asks her.

"We're in the middle of storm Jackson they need surgeons and Derek needs to be with Meredith they need a Neuro surgeon. The twins are fine their uncle will be around and we'll keep checking on them but their sleeping all we can do is sit and watch them right now." Rory says to him.

"Fine let's go see what we can help with." Jackson says as Rory takes his hand and follows him.
~
Rory was helping some of the people who had come in as they all turned at a loud noise. As she turned the bus crashed and flip over. All the surgeon ran out as they helped clear the bus.

"I smell gas." April says looking at Matthew and Rory as they agree.

"There's a fuel leak somewhere." Matthew tells them.

"We've got to get everyone away from this fire." Rory shouted as she was helping some of the civilians.

"Easy. Easy.All right, if you can walk,let's get you inside! This way!" Rory shouted out as her and April began leading everyone inside.

"We're gonna need to setup an emergency triage inside.We're gonna need meds.Bailey, can you handle this?" Owen shouted out to them.

"Y... yeah. Uh, Murphy!" Bailey says as she looked for Leah.

"We gotta move, Hunt.This thing's gonna blow." Callie shouted to Owen.

"Avery, hurry up!" Owen shouted at Jackson.

"I got one more.She's jammed between two
seats. Help me get her out." Jackson tells Owen as they headed back into the bus.
~
"Where are Hunt and Avery?That fire's getting bigger." Callie says as Rory looks at her as Callie gives her an apologetic look.

"Where are the pain meds?I got a patient in pain over here." April says as they look at Bailey.

"I... I tried to get the meds.The machine, it... it
won't open without power.I can't get it to open." Bailey tells them.

"All right. Never mind that.I've got at least two open fractures and some nasty lacerations.You want to jump in over there?" Callie asks them as Rory finishes up with a head laceration.

"I... I don't, uh...Uh, you need meds.I'll figure out the meds. Murphy." Bailey says walking away as Rory looks at Callie.

"I got it. Shout me if there's any more head injuries." Rory says walking over to the patients.
~
Rory finished up with her patients as she went outside to see where Jackson was. "Where's Jackson?" She asked them as Owen and Callie ran inside with a patient.

"Right behind us." Callie shouted to her as Rory turned around.

"No, he's not." Rory said as the panic set in as she searched for his figure.

"Can you see him?Wait, is that him behind the bus?" Callie says as Rory stood beside her looking for her husband.

"Avery!" Owen called out.

"Jackson!" Rory called out as she saw him.

"Avery, come back here!" Owen called out to him.

"Evie! Why is he..." the mother says as panic set into Rory as she lunged towards the bus.

"No! No! Avery, get back here!" They all called out as Owen sprinted after Rory.

"What is he doing?!" Callie called out.

"No, no, no! It's too dangerous. What's going..." Owen said to her trying to keep hold of her.

"Get back!" Callie shouted to them all as the bus exploded into flames throwing Rory and Owen to the floor.

"Jackson!Jackson!No!No!" Rory screamed out as she looked for him as Owen kept hold of her as Jackson came walking out as he took the girl to her mother.

"Evie?Evie!Oh, God,baby.Thank you so much.Thank you." The mother said as Jackson gave her a small smile as he turned to Rory.

He walked towards her as she shook her head walking away from him as Callie pulled him into the hospital to get checked over.
~
"You idiot!" Rory says as she pushed Jackson as he groaned in pain.

"Ow! Don't..." He said looking at his wife seeing the pain and worry on her face

"You... you could have..." Rory said to him as she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Rory!" He said wrapping his arm around her to stop her fighting him as she continues to push him.

"You could've died." Rory exclaimed full of worry and panic as she continued to push him as Callie pulled her off.

"Rory, what is your problem? Hey!" Callie asks as Rory looks at both of them before walking away as she went calm down.
~
Rory was sat feeding her son and April popped her head in the door. "Hey how are they doing?" She asks Rory.

"Yeah they are fine this little guy is hungry and she's still sleeping." Rory says with a small smile as she looks at her son and back at April. "You want to hold him?" She asks as April nods as she hands her son to April.

"Jackson's doing okay by the way." April says as Rory lets out a sigh as she looks at April.

"Was I wrong for walking away?" Rory says looking at April who was smiling at the little boy in her arms.

"You needed some time it's understandable. But what's going on in your head?" April asks her as Rory looked at her daughter beside.

"For a moment things were good we were happy just had these two and then moments later I felt like my world was about to collapse. I thought for a moment he was gone that he was dead and Ive never felt pain like that and I never want to." Rory says as tears roll down her cheek as April puts the little boy down and hugs her.

"I think you need to tell him all this. And Rory he gets it, the plane crash when no one knew where you guys were it almost killed him and Alex they were a mess. Your the most important person to Jackson you and the twins are his life and you have been for a long time." April says as Rory nods slightly.

"Congratulations on the engagement." Rory says as she smiles at April.

"Thank you now go find your husband I'll stay with these two." April says as Rory nods as she goes off to see Jackson.