Chapter 44

Rory was sat looking over the wedding plans as it was only weeks away as Jackson walked out of their room and kisses her on the head. "Hey how come your awake so early?" Jackson says with a rough voice as he just woke up.

"I'm just going over the last few things for the wedding. Have you asked April yet?" She asks looking up at her fiancé.

"I'm going to today what about you have you asked Alex about walking you down the aisle and what about Derek?" He asks her as he gets a cup of coffee.

"I'm asking him when I see him. Meredith and Cristina have also said yes to being bridesmaids. And I've still got to ask Derek." Rory says smiling at him.

"You still set on not having a maid of honour?" Jackson asks her.

"That was Lexie's job and it doesn't feel right for anyone else to do it." Rory says as Jackson nods understanding as he kisses her head and goes back to their room.
~
Aurora was checking over her patients as she saw Derek and quickly caught up to him as he smiles at her. "Hey." He says.

"Hey hows the hand?" She asks as Derek nods at her.

"Yeah it's okay. How's the wedding plans?" He asks her as she looks down and back at him.

"Well almost done I just needed to ask you two things actually." She says looking at him hopeful as he smiles at her.

"Sure go ahead." He tells her as they walk down the hallway.

"First do you mind if I steal your daughter as my flower girl?" She asks him as Derek smiles at her.

"I'm sure Zola would love that now what's the other thing?" He asks her.

"Jackson and I would like you to officiate our wedding. Neither of us are religious and your my best friend and I would love for you to marry us." She says looking at him as he smiles at her.

"I would love to Rory. Thank you." He says as she hugs him as he hugs her back.
~
"Oh, the prodigal Yang returns." Jackson says as Rory walks with him. "We've missed you." Jackson says sitting beside her.

"Yes, hi. Blah, blah. Pleasantries. Hey, what do you know about the new cardio chief, Jeff Randall?" Cristina says to them as Rory looks at Jackson as they look confused.

"Russell. Nothing." Rory tells her .

"Yeah.No one named Jeff has ever done anything substantial.Hey, Karev, when you buy Mer's house,
can I get my old room back?" Cristina says to Alex.

"Nope. No roommates. We're not in college. We're real people now." Alex says to them.

"Wait,you're selling him your house?" Rory says looking at her friend and her brother.

"I might not, he wants me to rip out the floors." Meredith says as April calls out to a nurse as he walks away.

"Where is he going?" April asks looking at them as Rory shrugs.

"Away from you, it seems." Cristina says to her.

"Cristina, glad you're back." April says smiling.

"You still doing it with the guy from Seattle pres?" Cristina says as Rory and Meredith try not to laugh.

"Does everybody know this now?" April says looking at Jackson.

"God and everybody." Cristina says teasing her.

"For four whole seconds I was glad you were back." April says as she walks away.

"I asked Derek and he said he'd do it." Rory says looking at Jackson as he nods at her.