Chapter 86

Rory hands Everly to Jackson as she continues to get ready for work. "This is your fault." Rory says looking at her husband.

Jackson put Everly on the bed with Parker before turning to his wife. "How is it?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

"You were the one keeping us up all night." Rory says finishing tying her hair back as Jackson wrapped his arms around her waist and pressing a kiss into her neck.

"I didn't hear you complaining." Jackson said as Rory shook her head before turning around kissing him. She pulled back before picking up the twins and going to get them ready.
~
Rory finished rounding on her patients as she handed her tablet back to one of the nurses. Derek caught up with her. "Hey so you know about Meredith and Maggie right?" Derek asks as Rory looks at him slightly confused.

"Maggie?" She asks him.

"Dr Pierce head of cardio. Meredith younger adopted sister." Derek says as Rory nods looking at him.

"Ahh yeah didn't know her first name I haven't worked with her yet. What about it?" She asks him.

"I told Meredith to invite her for dinner." He says as Rory looked at his slightly taken back.

"Is Meredith okay with that?" She asks him.

"Why wouldn't she be Maggie technically family?" He asks her.

"We both know what it was like for Meredith and Lexie. Maybe she just needs time don't try to force her into it." Rory says as she got paged to the E.R as she gave Derek a small smile.
~
Rory headed home as Jackson had already collected the twins from the daycare. She walked in as she saw the twins in their high chair and Jackson cooking. "Momma." Everly said as Rory smiled and kisses her daughters head.

"Hi babies." She smiled at them as she kisses Parker's head as well to which Jackson looked up.

"No kiss for me." Jackson said pouting as Rory walked over to him and kisses him. He kisses her back as he smiles at her. "How was your day?" He asks her.

"Just the usual how about you?" She asks him as she looks at what he was cooking.

"Same thing really how's everything with the shepherds?" He asks her as Amelia and Derek kept arguing with each other which was annoying Rory.

"Amelia had the day off so not bad. But turns out Derek and Meredith are having dinner with Maggie and Richard. Just hope he knows what he's doing." Rory says to him.

"I still can't believe Richard has a daughter and she's Meredith sister." Jackson says as Rory sits beside her daughter looking at her husband.

"You and me both." She tells him as he plates up their dinner and they all began eating.
~
Rory was getting the twins out of the car as Alex came to help her. "Need a hand?" He asks her as she nods at him. "Where's Avery?" He asks her.

"He had an early consult and Parker was running a fever so he was up all night and that kept Ev up to. None of us have slept much." She says picking up Parker as Alex got Everly.

"I'll come with you to drop them at daycare." Alex says as Rory gives him a thankful smile.
~
Rory stood listening to Derek go on about Meredith, Richard and Maggie as her mind began to wander else where. "Rory are you listening?" He asks her.

"They want to cancel dinner and you told them they shouldn't." She says looking at him as he looked at her.

"Are you okay?" He asks her as she looks up at him.

"Yeah I'm fine I just think your trying to force something that needs time. Maybe you want a reason for why Meredith wanted to stay maybe a reason for why you gave up the brain mapping initiative but maybe you don't have one. But you chose your family and you can't keep putting it on Meredith." Rory says to him as he looks at her.

"Im not putting it on Meredith. I want my wife to have a chance to get to know her sister and the person she looks at like her father." Derek says to her.

"Meredith isn't like you Derek. She didn't come from a perfect family. We're her family. This hospital is her family. Her mom is gone and so is Lexie. Her dad is who knows where. So we're her family stop trying to force something let her do it in her own time." Rory says to him before she heads off to her surgery.
~
Rory finished up early as she got the twins from the daycare and headed home to get them ready for bed. She put them into their cribs as she headed downstairs just as Jackson was getting in.

"Hey where are the twins?" He asks her slightly confused to why it was so quiet.

"They're in bed." She tells him as he looks at her.

"At 7 o'clock?" He asks her as she nods wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Yeah they were tired and I really could use some time alone with you." Rory says smiling at him as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I guess that can be arranged so how about I order some food and we pick a movie and see where the night takes us." Jackson says as Rory smiles at him.

"You're perfect." She says as she leans down and kisses him as he kisses her back.