Chapter 79

Rory walked into Dereks office as he was on a call with someone regarding his project as she looked up at him. "You paged me?" She asks him.

"I need you to do my lecture to the residents Owen on my case that I've cancelled 4 times this month and can you do Nova Jenkins surgery tonight?" He asks her as Rory looks at him.

"Yeah I can do it I'll get Jackson to get the twins when he's done.." Rory tells him as he runs his hands across his face as Kathleen walks in.

"Shepherd? Dr. Grey wanted me to..." Kathleen says as Rory smiles at her.

"Yeah?" Derek says to her.

"Remind you to pick up the kids at daycare tonight." Kathleen says to him.

"Yes, got it. Got it handled." Derek says to her as she smiles at him before leaving.

Rory looked at him seeing he was stressed out. "I'll asks Jackson to take Bailey and Zola tonight if you want." Rory says to him.

"Really? You don't think he'll mind?" He asks her.

"Of course he won't." Rory says to him as he smiles at her.

"I owe you thank you." He says as Rory nods before heading to find the residents.
~
"Okay, everybody, get out of your streets and into your scrubs.I'm gonna teach you everything there is to know about a hippocampectomy." Rory tells them.

"But Dr shepherd canceled that lecture." Jo tells her as Rory nods.

"Yes, he did,and he's asked me to teach it to you now.Not only is it a rare procedure,it's one of the most delicate and elegant a neurosurgeon can perform,which you will see later tonight when you scrub in with me." Rory says smiling at them.

"Tonight?" Ben questions her as she turns to him.

"Unless you have something else better to do than to cure a young girl of her debilitating seizures,Dr. Warren." Rory says giving him a stern look.

"No." He says as he lets out a sigh.

"Hmm." Rory says nodding at the residents.
~
"Where is Dr Shepherd?. He ought to be ashamed." Chelsea snapped as Rory walks in.

"Chelsea, don't yell at her.He's doing his best." She tells her.

"No. Nova, you're sweet.But you're a pushover,
and you won't say this, so I will.She's sick, and you lot keep jerking her around,scheduling her surgery, then canceling it, scheduling and canceling.She hasn't eaten in two days and has had three seizures
in the last six hours." Chelsea says as Rory nods.

"You're absolutely right.I'm sorry it's been so difficult, but we are going to do the surgery." Rory tells them.

"When?" Nova asks her.

"Tonight.The O.R. is available at 1:30, so, technically, it's the morning." Rory tells them.

"Really?" Nova says to her.

"Really." Rory tells her.

"Finally?Well, there you go.See what a little backbone will get you?" Chelsea says as Rory smiles.

"Are you as good as Dr Shepherd?" Nova asks her.

"Dr Shepard trained these very hands and he would say I am so I guess yes." Rory says smiling at nova nods as they leave her room.

"1:30 A.M. That's still hours away." Ben complains as Rory looks at him.

"Well, don't worry, Dr. Warren.I just got a page from the E.R.We'll have plenty to do before then.Come along." Rory says as her pager goes off.
~
"Now, a ring fracture almost always causes the dural to tear.You need to take care not to make it worse. Murphy, get in here and help her retract.You need to see where you're going as you extract." Rory says to them.