Chapter 16

Jackson rested his hand on Auroras thigh as he was driving the pair to work as he looked at her through his mirror watching her in a daze as she looked out of her window.

She caught his eyes in the mirror as she turned to smile at him which he returned before turning his focus back on to the road. "How are you feeling about your meeting with Hunt?" Aurora asks him as Jackson doesn't look at her.

"Yeah I think it'll be fine." Jackson says to her as his eyes flicker to see her in the mirror before he continues to drive to the hospital.

"You'll do great." Aurora says to him as he shoot a quick smile at her and as intertwines their fingers before bringing her hand to his lips as he set kisses on the back of it causing butterflies to rupture in Auroras stomach as her cheeks turn a deep red.

"I love you." Jackson says to her as Aurora squeezes his hand as their hands were resting on her leg.

"I love you too." She tells Jackson as they continued the rest of the way to the hospital talking about something and nothing just there normal conversations.
~
Aurora headed into the peds wing as she was looking for Derek as she find him in one of the rooms holding a baby in his arms from Alex's Africa program.

"So this is Zola?" Aurora says as Derek turns as he smiles at his best friend and student as she pulls faces at the baby making her smile.

"Yeah here you hold her I need to just check her Neuro functions." Derek says as he passes Zola to Aurora as she rocks the little girl calming her down quickly.

"Your good with kids must be a Karev thing." Derek comments as he checks over Zola as he looks at Aurora as she studies Zola's face.

"Yeah well I spent a lot of my time with Aaron and Amber when they were young and you pick up a few tricks." Aurora says looking at Zola who settled in her arms as Derek watches them both.

"Yeah I understand I helped my mom out a lot with my sisters after my dad died and growing up." Derek says as Aurora looks at him with a sad smile on her face before they both start playing with Zola.
~
Aurora saw Alex staring at the wall as she walked over and stood in front of the desk he was sat at as he looked up at her. "What up with you?" Aurora says to her brother as he looked at her.

"Can i ask you something?" Alex says as he looks at his sister as she looks up at him too.

"Yeah of course you can ask me anything." Aurora tells him as Alex nods his head at her.

"What would you do if you were given the opportunity to do something amazing I mean something that could really be great for you. But it meant moving to another country leaving behind your job and your life and Jackson would you do it?" Alex asks his sister as she looks up at him.

"I honestly don't know leaving behind my life would be hard but if the opportunity was once in a lifetime then I think I'd go but I'd talk to Jackson about it first. I mean I want a life with him and maybe there'd be a way for it to work. What's going on Alex?" Aurora says to him.

"Arizona had recommended me for her old position in Africa and I'm seriously considering and I mention it to Lucy and she got all pissed and stormed off because i didn't think about her or something." Alex says as Aurora smiles at him.

"As your sister I don't want you to go because I don't know what id do without you but as your twin and best friend I say go show them what you've got Alex Karev. These opportunities don't just fall in to our hands everyday we've got to grab them while we can and you were made for this Alex." Aurora says to him as she smiles at him which he returns as his pager goes off.

"I need to go but thanks it means a lot to have your support." Alex says to his sister as he walks off to answer his page as Aurora stood smiling proud of her brother.
~
Aurora smiles as see Mark walk over as he holds Sofia in his arms. "Mark she's adorable." Aurora says as she smiles at Sofia.

"I know isn't she? That's the sloan genes." Mark comments with a grin on his face as Aurora rolls her eyes at him. "Do you want to hold her?" Mark says as Aurora nods her head as he places the baby in her arms.

"Aren't you just as light as a feather?" Aurora cooed at Sofia as mark smiles at them both as Sofia's small brown eyes watch Aurora carefully as she pulls faces at the little girl who smiles at her.

"She likes you. I didn't know you were good with babies Rory." Mark says as Rory rocks Sofia as the little girl falls asleep in her arms.

"I had to raise my brother and sister you know you become good with babies and children." Aurora comment as she's paged as she hands Sofia back to Mark before going to see to her patient.
~
Aurora has finished up for the day as she was tired as she had been working in the E.R as the rest of the residents had their meetings for chief resident.

Aurora headed to the locker room as her attention fell on the door of the room as she opened it which made her heartbreak into a million pieces as she saw the man she loved about to be kissed by one of her closest friends.

Aurora turned around quickly as she soon heard Jackson calling out for her thinking she had seen what had happened as the tears began to run down her cheeks. Aurora kept walking ignoring Jackson's calls for her as she bumped into someone.

She looked up with her tear stained cheeks and her eyes were red and puffy as it the person wrapped their arms around her. It was Derek she had bumped into her was walking with Mark and Sofia.

Rory buried her head into his chest as her sobs were muffled and Dereks scrub top had become damp he held her in his arms as she continued to cry the mcbrothers were confused as to what had caused Aurora Karev to cry as she was one of the strongest people they knew and she never really showed this side of her emotions.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- a little bit of drama and we got to see Rory with the babies🤍 I wonder if Jackson actually kissed someone or not and who? Also I need a nickname for Aurora. What should it be?