Chapter 99

Rory sat beside Derek in the car as they were stuck in traffic. "You know what screw it." Derek says pulling away from the lines of traffic.

"Where are you going?" Rory asks him looking at her best friend beside her.

"I know short cut." He told her a small smile on his lips as he took the short cut to get to his meeting.
~
" You're never going to make your flight." Amelia told Derek and Rory as Derek shook his head at the phone.

"We'll make it." Derek tells them.

" No, you won't. You're gonna miss your flight." Bailey says to them.

"Who's that? Bailey? We're not gonna miss our flight." Derek tells them.

"There was a huge accident on the 5. All the lanes are closed. The traffic is insane." April tells them.

"Now, why does April make that sound likes it's a good thing?" Rory asks looking at Derek.

"We have a guy from the accident on our table.Bailey and Kepner are sewing up all the holes in his gut." Amelia tells the neurosurgeons.

"I am repairing the un-repairable. I am out of control amazing." April tells them.

"No,I am out of control amazing. You are a guest in my guts. Hush." Bailey says making the rest of them chuckle.
"The point is you might as well turn around now cause you'll miss your flight." Amelia says as Rory shook her head smiling.

"We're not gonna miss our flight. I have a secret shortcut." Derek tells them down the phone.

"There are no shortcuts to the airport." Bailey and Amelia say to him.

"That you know about." Rory says looking out the window.

"Come on I'm doing a spondylolisthesis today." Amelia tells them.

"We're gonna lose you here in a second. Cell phone reception is bad." Derek tells his sister.

"Derek, are you still there? I can't hear you." Amelia says to him. They lost connect as Rory saw a car speeding up behind them.

"What the hell are they doing?" Rory says looking out of the window as they car over takes them.

"I'm doing 10 miles over the speed limit. That's not fast enough for you? Gee." Derek says as Rory glares at him.

"Slow down now." Rory says to him as they car drives on.

Rory watches as the two cars in front collide with each other as Derek put the break on quickly to avoid the Collision. He let out a heavy breath as he looked at Rory. "Are you okay?" He asks her.

"Yeah I'm fine what about you?" She asks him as he starts looking around frantically.

"Where's my phone?" He asks as they both start looking for it. "Have you got yours?" He asks her as Rory shook her head.

"No it flew out of my hand when you stopped it'll be on the floor somewhere. We need to help them Derek." Rory says as Derek nods his head as they both get out of the car.

"You check that one I'll go check on these guys." Derek told her as Rory went to the car further away from Dereks.

Rory heard a girl calling out as she moved around the back on the car. She found the girl as she kneeled down beside her. "Hey. Can you tell me your name?" Rory asks her giving her a small smile.

"Alana." She cried out.

"Alana." Rory says checking over her.

"It's hard to breathe." She tells her as Rory checks her pulse.