Chapter 122

Rory picked Tommy up while taking him downstairs and putting him in his chair. Jackson placed the twins breakfast in front of them before kissing his wife.

"Hey is your mom coming today?" Rory asks causing Jackson to look at her.

"Oh yeah I forgot she's coming for Tommys birthday." Jackson said while Rory nodded sitting between Everly and Tommy.

"Don't remind me. Why do you have to grow up can't you stay my baby forever?" Rory says tickling Tommy who giggled loudly while Jackson smiled at the two of them.

"And you two are already in preschool Jackson we have little people now." Rory complained looking at her husband.

Jackson smiled brightly at his wife. He was proud of how far she has come the past two years. He was proud of the mother she was to their children and proud to be her husband. After everything they'd been through together here they were with each other and their children. That he was thankful for.
~
Jackson and Rory dropped the twins off at school before Amelia called Rory to come because Meredith needed her. "I guess I'll see you later." Rory says as Jackson pulled up at Meredith house.

"Yeah call me if you need anything I love you." Jackson says leaning over and kissing her while she kisses him back.

"I love you too. Be good for daddy Tommy and I'll see you soon." Rory said turning around to her son who was smiling in his car seat.

"Bye mama." Tommy said before Rory smiled kissing Jackson again before heading into Meredith's house.
~
Rory sat on the couch eating a bag of chips while Maggie and Amelia were cleaning the house. "Your just creating more mess." Amelia said looking at the neurosurgeon who shrugged her shoulders.

"And you told me this was an emergency." Rory said smiling while looking over at Maggie who was ranting about Deluca.

Rory sat beside Alex while Amelia was giving Maggie advice about Andrew. "Wow I'm lucky." Rory mumbled causing Alex to send her a confused look. "What this whole dating thing just looks and seems so complicated?" Rory said shrugging at Alex.
~
"Mer, that closet's cleaned already." Alex said standing beside Rory who was looking at Meredith.

"Well, we're gonna use the top shelf for beach towels, towels, and rags. The middle shelf will be for sheets, and the bottom shelf will be for the children in case they need to reach it." Meredith says while Rory nodded her head in response.

"Okay. Sure." Rory says taking a sip of Alex's beer while he pulls a face at her causing her to roll her eyes at him.

"I counted 19 mini-shampoos and 11 conditioners. Trash or..." Amelia says while Alex looks at her.

"I'll take 'em. What? Works the same as shampoo in a big bottle." Alex says while Rory shakes her head smiling at him.

"Mer, what is it?" Rory asks her friend seeing Meredith sigh.

"It's his stupid, stupid blanket. We're done cleaning." Meredith says while the three of them shared a confused look while she walked away.

Rory looked at her brother and her friend before shrugging and walking away. She went to find Meredith.
~
Rory sat Meredith and Alex listening to Meredith tell them about Dereks blanket. It reminded Rory that it would have been two years since the crash and two years since she lost her best friend.

Even two years on part of her still felt guilty that she was here and he wasn't. But then she knew he wouldn't want her to be. He would want her to do everything they talked about. Every surgery she imagined and to be the best mom to her kids.

She loved that their kids would get to grow up together and she knew once they were old enough she tell them all about him. The past two years had changed everything for Rory.

She knew that everyday she had since the crash was gift because she could've died. Jackson could have lost the love of his life. Alex could have lost his twin. Parker, Everly and Tommy could have lost their mom. But she didn't and she would live everyday thankful she didn't.

Her life was great. Her marriage was perfect and stronger than ever. Her kids were happy and loved. Alex was happy and thriving. Meredith was slowly becoming happy again. Her nieces and nephews were happy.

That's all that mattered and that she got to go to work everyday and save lives. She loved her job and she would do everything she could to save her patients.The three of them sat in front of the fire each with their minds somewhere else.
~
"I'm going to need something way less healthy that this." Maggie said looking at the potato chips Amelia was eating.

"Jackson's brining pizza." Rory said checking her phone while the four of them looked at her. "What? He would've been picking me up anyway." Rory said shrugging while the four smiled slightly. At least one of them were in a happy relationship.
~
Jackson finally arrived with the food while Rory leaned up capturing his lips while he kissed her back. "Thank you." Rory said smiling before Jackson followed her into the kitchen.

"So you all spent the day cleaning?" Jackson asked while they were eating the pizza.

"Oh no they did we didn't." Rory said pointing between her and Alex who were both having a beer. "I have my own house to clean I wasn't cleaning some else's no matter who you are." Rory said causing the others to chuckle.