Chapter 100

Rory told the paramedic about Charlie and Alana as Derek talked with Winnie and Sarah. Rory walked over to Derek as the ambulances left. " Neuro dream team still got it." Derek says to which Rory chuckles at him.

"Yes we do and when we get back there will be lots of surgery's for us." Rory says smiling at him.

"I can't wait. Reminds me of when you were a resident all the near impossible cases." Derek says as Rory nods.

"We've had some good runs let's see what happens next." Rory says looking at him.

"Yeah let's get going." Derek told her as Rory got into the other side of the car putting on her seatbelt as they set off.

The phone began to ring as Rory and Derek looked for who's it was before Rory looked back up as Derek found the phone. "Derek!" She exclaimed as a semi truck smashed into the side of the car.
~
Derek and Rory were both taken to the hospital as Rory had been knocked unconscious. " Jane Doe caught up in the collision with a semi truck. Lost consciousness at the scene possible trauma to chest and abdomen." The paramedic told the doctors.

"Oh let move her on my count 1..2..3. Let's get a trauma panel and ultrasound for the abdomen." The doctor tells the residents and nurses.

One of the residents performed the ultrasound before looking at the doctor. "She's pregnant." The resident tells them as the doctors takes over the ultrasound.

The doctor looked for a fetal heartbeat watching the monitor closely. They finally found the heartbeat as it echoed loudly. "Baby's heartbeat is strong." The doctors said as they continued to stabilise Rory.

Rory had blood in her abdomen which they ended up doing surgery to find the source of bleeding and stop it.
~
Jackson finished putting the twins to bed as he heard a knock at the door. He saw flashing lights as he opened the door to see two officers. "Is this the residence of Aurora Karev?" One of them ask Jackson as he looked confused.

"Yeah I'm her husband can I help you with something?" He asks concern and panic beginning to set in.

"I'm sir but your wife has been involved in an accident. Could you come with us please?" They asked as Jackson looked at them.

"I just need to sort out something for my kids." He told them as Jackson went to get the twins sorted out.
~
Jackson had got Catherine to come stay with the twins as he headed to the hospital. "I'm looking for my wife Aurora karev?" He asked as one of the doctors walked over to him.

"Dr Avery?" The doctor say as Jackson looked up at him.

"My wife is she okay?" He asks the doctors.

"Your wife sustain trauma to her abdomen. She had been bleeding into her abdomen but our team was able to go in and find the source of the bleeds we managed to stop the bleed and your wife and the baby are both stabile." They tells Jackson as let out a breath of relief.

"However Aurora was unconscious at the scene and your wife has been placed in a medical induced coma. The trauma from the crash was putting to much stress on her body." They tells Jackson as they walk into Rory's room.

"Do you have an idea how long it will last?" He asks them.

"We're not to sure. It could hours or days or weeks. Is there anything we can do for you?" They asks Jackson.

"I want her moved to Grey sloan as soon as she's strong enough." Jackson says looking at them as he sat beside Rory.

"I don't think that's the best idea Dr Avery." They tell Jackson as he looks up.

"She should be looked after by people who know her so I want her moved as soon as possible. Grey Sloan can arrange it all." Jackson tells them as the doctor nods their head before leaving the couple alone.

Jackson took her hand pressing his lips against it as his eyes began to glaze over. "You've got to come back to me Rory. We've done this too many times. I need you and our kids need you so come back to us." Jackson pleaded watching his wife lay motionless the sound of the monitors are all that could be heard.
~
Rory sat smiling looking around the baseball pitch. She had lots of memories here with her husband and her friends. The day that Seattle Grace played again Seattle pres was one of her favourites. A voice behind her caught her off guard as she turned to look.

"Rory." Derek says letting out a breath as Rory looked at him. She could hear Jackson voice he was with her.

Rory looked at Derek her eyes lingered on him for a moment almost like she knew. "Your gone aren't you?" She says looking at him.

"It's my time Rory. But it's not yours you've got to go back to your kids and your husband. I need you to go back to Meredith, Amelia and the kids. I need to know they've got someone they need you." Derek says to her.

"I don't know how to do it without you." Rory says to Derek.

"Your going to be fine Rory. We had a great run and we'll always have that. We'll always be the Neuro dream team and you'll always be my best student and my best friend. But your going to be okay you are stronger than you think and you always have been I know that. And you will learn it too. You don't need me anymore you grew up and you've become one hell of a surgeon and one hell of a person. Go be great Rory and do everything you want and more. I'll always be with you." Derek tells her as he wrapped his arms around her.

Rory hugged him back but he had disappeared before she knew is as Rory stayed not wanting to move. Hearing the sound of Jackson's voice beside her.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- There's still more to come for Rory😬