Chapter 13

Aurora had kept her eyes trained on Jackson as she was watching him closely. She stood with Teddy and Owen as Bailey walked over to them confused.

"What's that about?" Bailey says as she looks at the two attending's.

"Oh, the chief's in the bathroom." Teddy tells her as Bailey looks at the residents.

"With an audience?" Bailey says still confused.

"His trial funding came through this morning,and they all want on it." Owen tells her.

"What are you doing Karev?" Bailey says as she looks at the resident as Aurora looks up at them.

"I just came to see when Dr Webber tells them to go away I'm already on Dereks Alzheimer's trial and I don't know if I'm running for chief resident anyway." She says as they all look at each other confused why she wouldn't.

"Door's opening!" Teddy calls out to them.

"Quiet! Quiet!I haven't made my decision yet." Richard says to all of them as he walks away.

"Oh, get out of the way.Stalking a man while he's in the restroom?" Bailey says as she looks at the four of them.

"I'd clean the restroom if he'd let me on this trial." Jackson said to Bailey making Aurora look at her boyfriend with a face of disgust which he saw out of the corner of his eyes.

"I'd live in it." Cristina says as Owen and Aurora looks at the partners now both sharing the same look Aurora had seconds before.

"You are surgeons.If you want to impress the chief,
impress him surgically.Avery, you're with me." Bailey says as Jackson looked over at Aurora noticing her staring at him as he walked away.
~
Aurora was making notes in her patient files as Derek stood beside her watching her as she looked up at him. "Can I help you?" Aurora says to him.

"I want to know why the attending's are telling me my resident doesn't want to be chief resident?" Derek says as Aurora rolls her eyes at him.

"Because I don't want to remember when you were chief of surgery you hated it and that's the same for me I love surgery and being chief resident means I do less of what I love and I don't want that. I'm going to be a Neurosurgeon and I need as much time in the O.R as possible." Aurora says to him as he smiles at her.

"Well I can't argue with that anyway how are you and Avery doing Meredith is describing you as love sick puppies?" Derek says with a small chuckle as Aurora shakes her head embarrassed.

"We are not doing this Derek. What's with the sudden interest anyway?" Aurora says as she looks at her mentor and friend.

"We've not had time to catch up lately how about me and you at Joes tonight if your not too busy with Avery?" Derek says making a joke as his pager goes off.

"Not funny and Fine I'll be there." Aurora says as Derek smiles at her before going to see to his patients.
~
"I say he's totally gay." Lexie says to them as the decorate onesies.

"Well, if he were gay,then why would he ask April out?" Meredith says to them.

"No straight guy waits a whole month before making a move." Aurora says as she agree with Lexie.

"Maybe he has herpes." Cristina suggests to them.

"That wouldn't stop a guy either.I vote gay.I just wish he was into me, then I could be in all his cool surgeries, too." Alex says as Aurora laughs at her brother.

"He's not gay,he doesn't have herpes, and I'm not using him to get cool surgeries.We have a lot to talk about, okay?He's really interesting once you get to know him." April says to them.

"Which is why she's taking her pants off for him tonight." Alex tells them as they all look at April.

"What?" The four girls

"She's going to his place. "From here to eternity" is playing on cable." Alex says to them.

"Oh, yeah." Cristina says to her.

"Pants are definitely coming off." Aurora says as she looks at April.

"Nobody's pants are coming off." April says to them.

"Movie at his place?That's the definition of pants coming off." Meredith says to her.

"Virgin's a goner." Cristina says as they all laugh.

"And with an older man, too.It's very impressive." Lexie says to her.

"I am not talking my pants off for Stark!" April snaps at them as everyone looks at her.

Jackson walked in as he lowered his head to Aurora ear but she hadn't noticed him yet. "Are you busy? Because I just checked and most of the staff are at this party so there's a few on call rooms free." Jackson whispers in her ear as he smirks making Aurora look at him with a small grin as he knew exactly what he was doing to her.

"I'll do a consult on that patient." Aurora says making up an excuse as they all look at the couple.

"Your not fooling anyone you know." Lexie shouts out at them both of them.

"Your like a pair of hormonal teenagers." April calls out to them making Alex scrunch up his face as the couple giggle to themselves.
~
Aurora headed into Joes at she saw Derek at bar with two drinks in front of him as she walked over to sit beside him.

"Ahh you did turn up I was about to send out a search party for you." Derek says as Aurora smiles at him.

"So what are we really doing here?" Aurora says as Derek looks at her.

"I just wanted to spend sometime with my friend we both just seem so busy lately your spending nearly all your time with Jackson and I'm spending a lot time on the research and with trying for a baby with Meredith." Derek says to her as Aurora smiles at him.

"Okay maybe spending time with you won't be so bad." Aurora says as Derek pushes her making them both laugh as they continued to catch up.