Chapter 50

Rory finished up getting ready for work as she saw Jackson making breakfast. "Hey wheres April?" She asks as she sat down in front of him.

"She had an early surgery. I wanted to talk to you about something." Jackson says handing Rory a plate of food as he sat down beside her.

"Okay what's up?" Rory says as she begins eating her breakfast.

"You know we're married now and we have a baby on the way I was thinking maybe it's time we started looking for a house." Jackson says as Rory looks at him.

"You want to move out?" Rory asks him.

"I don't know it just feels like the right time for us to find our own home. A home for our family. If you don't want to I get it but it was just an idea." Jackson says as he places his hand on Rory's small bump.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to start looking. I mean your right we need to find our own home even Alex has a house even if it was Meredith's." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her and kisses her on the lips.
~

"I heard your girlfriend did a little panty dance in the kitchen this morning." Cristina says as Rory looks at her brother.

"She's not my girlfriend.Look, I know it's weird.
She's hot and she's always around,but I don't even think of her like that.It'd be like you and I sleeping together." Alex says to Cristina as she pulls a face of disgust.

"Ew. I'm trying to eat my breakfast." Cristina says to him.

"Did you hear your husband accidentally copped a feel?" Alex says as Rory bursts out laughing.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah.Oh, and he's not my husband.
That's why he's sneaking in at the crack of crack." Cristina says to them.

"You are a messed up broad." Rory says to her as Jackson walks in.

"Dr. Webber rejected my mother's cookies." Jackson says sitting at the table.

"That sounds dirty." Alex says as Cristina and Rory agrees.

"She's worried about him.She wants me to assess his mood.She thinks he's depressed." Jackson says to them.

"Well, his wife died a month ago.Isn't he supposed to be depressed?" Rory says to them.

"Of course, but, like, normal depressed or too depressed?" Jackson asks them.

"I mean, he's fine. He's back at work." Cristina says to them.

"Nah, but he's not operating." Jackson says to them.

"Maybe you should hold him." Alex says as Rory bites back her own laugh as Jackson looks at each of them.

"And I'm done.Enjoy the cookies." Jackson says as he gets up and leaves.

"Thanks." Alex mumbles as he grabs a cookie.
~
"Hey, Derek. Answer your phone." Rory snaps at him as she walks in.

"We're in the middle of a game." Derek says to her.

"Well, you know what? Not anymore." Rory says catching the ball. "The lawyer called, and they need us at the courthouse. Now." Rory says to him as Derek looks at her and follows her out.
~
"Did I miss it?Damn it. I'm sorry.I got out of the O.R. as fast as I could,but I didn't think it was gonna happen today.Oh, god.Was it bad?It wasn't?" Callie asks them as each of them were still slightly shocked.

"We won.He said the airline company had a history of mechanical problems with the plane." Rory tells Callie.

"It was in public record, and the hospital should've known.He found the hospital negligent." Derek finished off Rorys sentence.