Chapter 120

Rory sat with the twins and Tommy in the daycare as she was doing a night shift. Jackson walked in as he found his family before walking over to them. "Daddy!" Everly squealed running over to Jackson who picked her up.

"Hey sweetheart." Jackson says kissing his daughters head as he held her in his arms. "Hey." He says kissing Rory as she kissed him back.

"Hey so you've got the big surgery how you feeling?" Rory says as she plays with the blocks with Tommy and Parker.

"Yeah would've been better if we had longer but we're going to try. Well daddy has to go but I'll be back as soon as I can." Jackson says looking at Everly and Parker.

"Bye daddy." Parker says going over to hug Jackson as he hugged the twins.

"Bye daddy." Everly says kissing Jackson cheek before the twins ran off to play. Rory picked Tommy up as Jackson turned to them.

"I'll see you when I'm back." Jackson says kissing Rory on the lips as she kissed him back.

"See you when you get back and good luck you'll be great. I should get back anyway. Bye baby." Rory says handing Tommy to Jackson before saying goodbye to the twins and heading back to work.
~
"Maxine, can you touch your nose for me?" Rory asks the patient as she stands with her brother.

"Are they talking about me? Lisa and Chelsea?I know they are. They're always talking about someone." Maxine says to them as the twins share a look with each other.

"Other hand, please." Rory says as she continues to do her neuro checks.

"I've been trying so hard just to make the team a team, you know?" Maxine continued to rant on.

"Maxine, you're working yourself up again. Take some deep breaths." Alex says to Maxine but she ignores him.

"You can't advance in cheer if you don't trust each other.Balance and trust, that's the foundation...I keep telling them.So maybe I'm a little bitchy about it. So?It's not like Lisa isn't bitchy every single day of her life." Maxine says to them as Rory smiles slightly.

"Wow, that was all one breath.Your neuro exam is clear.I'd like to get a head CT just to be safe." Rory tells her brother.

"I just wanted us to win.What's so bad about that?" Maxine says to them as Rory goes to check on her other patients.

"For starters, you're 17 with the BP of a 50-year-old.Nothing too good about that." Alex tells her.
~
Rory walked into the E.R as she saw all the cheerleaders arguing. Rory walked over to them as one of the patients fell unconscious. "Quiet now." Rory roared as they all shut up as the residents looked at her.

"This is a hospital not a football field we have people who are dying and who are sick. So enough of your high school drama." Rory snapped at them before Alex quickly got to work on helping Maxine as he lost her pulse.

Rory rushed over as she pulled on the curtain to the cheerleaders who were asking multiple questions at the same time.
~
Rory looked at all of the cheerleaders already regretting what she was about to do. Rory whistled loudly getting all of their attention. "Listen up one of your team mates is down and she's in surgery. Now the doctors are working their hardest to do everything they can. But you are her team and you need to be there for her. Now is the time to start acting like a team and be there to support her as well as one another." Rory says as the team captain scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"If you want to talk medicine, fine.But... sorry... you have no clue about our team, okay?So...I mean, who the hell does she think she is anyway?" Lisa says as Rory rolls her eyes.

"I was cheer captain for three years in high school on the team for four. Not really known a sophomore as cheer captain but I did it. I lead my team to every victory with regionals, National even internationals all three years I was captain. Then I got full ride to Harvard where I studied to become a surgeon while competing at college level." Rory says to them as they all look at her amazed.

"That's amazing." They say to Rory as she nods at them.

"That's amazing.So let me break this down for you.You are jealous of her because she and Maxine are close now,so you got all butt hurt,but they aren't actually trying to leave you out.Are you? Danielle." Rory says looking at them.

"Uh... no, ma'am." Danielle tells her as Rory shoots her a small smile.

"Good.You see, Lisa?It's time for you to lose that chip on your shoulder.It's a Double Full Basket Toss. Throw it up, move on. You've got cheerleading to do." Rory says smiling at them.
~
Rory finished feeding the children as they headed out for the day with the babysitter as Rory headed upstairs to get some rest. Rory laid with her eyes shut as the door opened. She opened them to see her husband as she gave him a small smile.

"You seem exhausted where are the kids?" Jackson says sitting beside Rory pressing a kiss into her head as she looked up at him.

"Lucy took them out for the day. How did the surgery go?" Rory asks him as he got changed before climbing into bed beside her.

Rory rest her head on his chest as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Good hopefully he makes a good recovery. Now how was your shift?" Jackson says to her.

"I had to deal with a bunch of mean girl cheerleaders." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her.

"Really? Well that sounds interesting. I had a nurse flirt with me today." Jackson says as Rory looks at him.

"Are you telling me this for a reason or just to see my reaction?" Rory says knowing lots of women flirt with Jackson but she still hates it just as much.

"No I didn't even realise I just thought she was being nice until Wilson brought it up. I still have some game right?" Jackson says looking at his wife as she smiles at him.

"Yes you do. You manage to keep our marriage going." Rory says as Jackson leans down and kisses her.

Rory kisses him back laughing at her husband and how random he was sometimes. But she loved him all the same.