Chapter 90

Rory put the twins shoes on as Jackson went to grab their jackets. He back downstairs as Rory looks at him letting out a sigh. "That's the wrong one it doesn't fit Parker anymore." Rory tells him.

"It fit him a few weeks ago." Jackson says to her as she shakes her head.

"Well the thing about babies they grow out of things quickly. Do I have to do everything?" Rory snaps going up to grab a different jacket for Parker.

She put Parker jacket on and went out to the car we're Jackson was putting Everly into her car seat. She put Parker into his car seat while Jackson locked up the house and got into the drivers seat.
~
Rory dropped the twins off at daycare and changed into her scrubs. "Hey Rory if Derek needed you and you were in the middle of you know with Jackson would you stop?" Meredith asks her as Alex pulls a face.

"Derek is in D.C why would he need me?" Rory says getting her tablet from one of the nurses.

"What's wrong with you?" Alex asks his sister as he shares a look with Meredith.

"Nothing now did either of you actually need me for anything important because I've got a department to run and lives to save." Rory says shaking her head as she heads off to round on her patients.
~
Rory finished rounding on her patients as she caught up to Amelia. "Was everything okay with Herman this morning?" Rory asks her.

"Yeah I got the scans I needed and I can start working on an approach. Find out where other surgeons said no and find a path to yes." Amelia tells her as Rory nods.

"Okay page me if you need anything." Rory tells her as she heads to her first surgery.
~
Rory stood with Amelia as she explain her approach to the residents. "I'll... I'll build in a distribution
of a radioactive seed during surgery, keeping Dr. Herman's tumor bed free of recurring cells." Amelia explains to them.

"I thought you were gonna use a laser." Stephanie asks her as Rory looks up feeling a pain in her head but ignores it.

"She is. She already did. We're way past that." Rory tells the residents.

"Try and keep up. Uh, I'm sorry, Shepherd, but this is a great opportunity for them to learn." Richard says to Amelia.

"I know. It's fine. The laser is for ablating cells off the optic nerve..." Amelia continues to say.

"It's a massive butterfly glioma." Jo point out as Rory looks at her.

"Well, it's not just massive. I mean...It's magnificent." Rory tells them.

"No, no, no. I-I mean that, won't a laser take months?" Jo asks them

"A-again, uh, before that, I'll be using  the ultrasonic surgical aspirator  to mush and flush the cells, then the sexy laser and the... Yeah." Amelia asks looking at Stephanie again.

"I'm sorry. I'm just lost. Um, you were just talking about laser ablation. So is that confined to the optic chiasm or will that extend..." Stephanie asks as Amelia lets out a breath.

"Guys, step back. Look at the whole big, beautiful, shapely thing. Every part of this tumor's body will respond differently. You will need a multitude of approaches. You will have to be gentle with one part
and rough with the other. That is the only way she will respond. Get it?" Rory says to them.

"I don't see tumors the way she does." Jo mumbles as Rory looks at her.

"Didn't five surgeons say  any one of these approaches would likely kill the patient?" Stephanie asks her.

"Six. But none of them tried it all at the same time.It should work." Amelia says as Rory feels warm as she walks out of the imaging room.

She bumps into Alex as he looks at her. "Hey you okay you don't look so good." Alex says as Rorys vision fades into darkness.

She loses consciousness as she lose her balance falling down as Alex quickly catches his sister calling out for help.
~
Rory opened her eyes looking around as she saw Jackson sat beside her. "Hey darling how you feeling?" Jackson asks her as he sits on the edge of her bed holding her hand.

"Tired. What happened?" She asks him as he looks at her.

"You passed out. Richard is running some tests trying to find out what caused it." Jackson says as he looks at her and kisses her lips lightly. "You scared me for a second." He says to her.

"I'm sorry." Rory mumbles as he shook his head at her.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for." He tells her as she looks at him.

"I do I shouldn't have snapped at you this morning. I just feel like I can't keep up with everything here and then at home." Rory says to him.

"I know sweetheart but I'm here to help you and so is everyone else your not on your own." He tells her as she smiles at him.
~
Rory sat with Jackson as Alex walks in with Richard as the two look at them. "Is everything okay?" Rory asks looking up at them.

"Yeah everything seems okay your dehydrated and with the test results it could be why you fainted." Richard says to Rory as she looks at him confused.

"Why what do the test results show?" Rory asks him as Jackson looks at him too worry growing on his face.

"Your about 13 weeks pregnant." Richard says as Rory looks slightly taken back as Alex and Jackson both look at her seeing she's as confused as both of them.

"Did you know?" Jackson asks her as she looks at him shaking her head.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Richard says as Alex gives him a small smile before walking over to his sister.

"So another niece or nephew that's great right?" Alex says looking at Rory who doesn't say owt while Jackson smiles slightly at the thought of having another baby.

"Yeah it's great." Jackson says full of happiness as Rory gives him a small smile before his pager goes off.

"Go I'll be fine. Alex can help me get the twins home." Rory says as Jackson kisses her before leaving.

"You don't seem too thrilled about another kid?" Alex says to her as she looks at him.

"Life hard enough to balance with work and the twins and now another baby added into it." Rory says looking at Alex.

"You'll be fine Rory. It'll work out. You've got me and Jackson and we'll make it work." Alex says wrapping his arm around her as she rests her head against his shoulder.

"Thank you Alex." Rory says as she hugs him back.
~
Rory had taken the day off work per Richard request as she stood making the twins lunch as she called Derek. "Can I really handle another baby right now? I mean Jackson is so excited but I don't know if I'm ready." Rory says looking at her phone.

"Rory your a great mom and a great surgeon. You can make it work. And we're you ready for the twins?" Derek asks her as she smiles at him.

"Not in the slightest I was just married." Rory says as Derek smiles nodding.

"Exactly these things happen when we least expect them to but they work out good in the end and you'll love this baby just as much as you love Everly and Parker." Derek says to her as she smiles at him.

"I thought there was a reason I kept you around." Rory says as Derek shakes his head chuckling at her.

"Congratulations Rory and this baby is very lucky to have you." Derek says to her.

"Thanks Derek." Rory says as the two of them continued to catch up with each other.