Chapter 137

Rory held Everly's hand as Jackson had taken the  boys to their soccer practice. "Mommy why are grandma and Richard arguing?" Everly asked causing Rory to look up at the couple.

"They just had a disagreement like when you and Parker can't agree on an activity to do." Rory smiles at her daughter.

"But Parker always wants to play soccer." Everly told Rory who smiled at her.

"Well that's what Parker likes and Tommy he likes swimming. You like gymnastics we're all different people and that's a good thing." Rory explains to her daughter.

"But you and daddy like the same things." She says causing Rory to chuckles slightly.

"Daddy and I do like some of the same things. We both like watching sports and we like being your parents. But I like going on runs and eating Chinese food. Daddy likes watching the football and eating nachos. You can share some interests but everyone will like something different." Rory says as Everly smiles at her.

"You like fixing people's brains and daddy likes making people feel better." Everly says as Rory smiles at her.

"Your almost getting it. But you can like whatever you want and be whoever you want. You can be a surgeon like me and daddy or you can open your own business. You can be anything you want to be as long as you work hard and are kind." Rory says looking down at Everly who smiled at her.
~
Rory was checking on her patients as someone placed a cup of coffee in front of her and wrapped their arm around her shoulder. "Oh the love of my life." Rory mumbles taking a sip of her coffee.

"Me or the coffee." Jackson asks pressing his lips against her cheek.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Rory chuckled before he scoffed and acted offended.

"Well looks like their isn't room for both of us in your life." Jackson says going to walk away before Rory pulled him back towards her.

"There's enough love to go around even if you are the thing I love the most." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her.

"Ah just what I like to hear and you are mine." He says leaning down and kissing her before Richard coughs breaking the two of them up.

Richard fills them in about how it was Catherine's idea. "I can't believe she'd even suggested it." Rory says looking at her husband.

"You can you said it a while ago." Jackson says as Rory looks at them.

"Didn't mean I wanted to be right." She says as Ben walks towards the three of them.

"I've got a surgery I'll find you for lunch." Rory says kissing Jackson before he nods and kisses her back.
~
Rory saw April as she stood beside her opposite the O.R board. "Are you choosing to ignore me to?" April asks before Rory turns to her.

"We're not ignoring you April some of us just don't support what you did." Rory tells her honestly.

"I was given an opportunity and I went for it. Anyone would do the same." April says looking at her.

"Not when it's my friends job or when we are fighting for a program that's works. You switched sides just for a job title. Meredith got suspended for being who she is and you took her job but that's wasn't who I thought you were." Rory says to her before going to find Jackson for lunch.
~
"No. What I'm saying is,the chief gives an order,
you... you follow the order.You... You try to make it work." Owen says looking at the table of attending's.

"Spoken like a true soldier." Nathan mumbles.

"Spoken like a former chief." Arizona says as Rory and Jackson chuckle.

"Right on both counts." Owen says to them.

"So you're neutral is what you're saying.You're Switzerland." Maggie asks him.

"No, I'm saying Bailey's the chief,but that doesn't mean that I-I-I-I'm against Webber." Owen says to them.

"Yeah, I get that. I really do.But what the hell are you supposed to do when you're completely against the order that you've been given?" Jackson asks him.

"Well, that's called a coup.Frowned upon but sometimes very necessary." Nathan and Owen says to one another.

"Oh, so that's what we're talking about here?Throwing Minnick out or throwing Bailey out?" Owen says to them.

"No, no, no.It's just, we want Webber in.That's all... I mean, yeah,I guess that means Minnick has to go.So what? Mer got suspended because of her." Rory says as the others look at her.

"I don't know what we're gonna do here,but we got to do something." Jackson says to them watching his friend.

"So, Hunt, are you with us?Or are you too busy
being Switzerland over there?" Nathan says him.

"How's Kepner doing?" Owen asks looking at Maggie and Rory.

"What do you mean, how's Kepner doing?She's a turncoat." Maggie says to them.

"She's also a friend." Owen says as Rory looks at them.

"Yes, she's a friend.She's a poor, misguided,
very confused friend." Rory says to them.

"It's like when you find out that your friend voted wrong." Arizona adds to what Rory was talking about.

"Can you vote wrong?" Owen says to them.

"Yes." They all agreed looking at the trauma surgeon.

"I'm sorry, but she was leading the charge,and then Bailey dangles a little carrot, and suddenly it's, "See ya, Webber."" Maggie says to them.

"I'm sure there's more to it than that." Owen says defending April.

"Well, it's not right, what Bailey did.You can't just throw anybody in as Chief of General Surgery.Keps is good, but Grey put in the time for that job, okay?She deserves it." Nathan says to them."All right.I'm gonna get back to work."

"Yeah I got go check on the kids." Rory says to Jackson before heading up to the daycare since Lucy was sick.
~
Rory and Jackson had got all three of the children ready for bed. Rory was putting Everly and Parker to bed while Jackson was with Tommy.

This was the common occurrence as they would swap for the morning routine. Jackson walked into the twins room after he finished putting Tommy to bed.

"Goodnight thing 1 and thing 2." Jackson called smiling at his children. He had been reading the cat in the hat to them.

"Goodnight little lady and my little man." Rory says kissing their heads before heading to her own room.

"Shower time." Jackson mumbles grabbing his wife as he picked her up taking her into the bathroom as she giggled.