Chapter 9

Aurora headed into her room as she had just got back from her run as she saw Jackson was still asleep in her bed. As she moved to climb on top of him as his eyes fluttered open feeling a weight bare on his stomach as he looked at her.

"Can I help you Dr Karev?" Jackson says as he placed each of his hands on both her hips as she looked at him with a smile on her face.

"Nope just admiring the handsome guy who has being taking occupancy in my bed recently." Aurora says to him as Jackson laughed slightly as he pulled her down beside him as leaned over her placing kisses up her neck as chuckled at him.
~
Aurora stood staring at the tv as the news report came on about the shooting at the high school bringing back memories for all of the surgeons.

Aurora felts a hand intertwined with hers as she looked beside her as she saw Jackson as he squeezed her hand to comfort her.
~
"There are 15 ambulances on the way, maybe more to come.First one is three minutes out." Owen reports to all of them.

"People, people.Our own trauma is fresh and we are gonna have feelings today, and there's no shame in that. What I want to say is what we went through six months ago,they are going through right now.Which makes them our brothers and sisters. Which makes them fellow travelers.Which makes them our own. So, to the very best of our ability, we are gonna do our work first, and you're gonna have your feelings later." Richard says to them as Lexie let out a small sob.

"Grey?" Owen says as he looks at her:

"I'm fine.I'm fine!" Lexie says to them as everyone looks at her.

"Go to the pit and make sure we're stocked. Call the blood bank..." mark says to her.

"I'm fine." She says to mark.

"Call the blood bank.Tell them to give us all the O neg they have." Mark tells her as she heads inside.
~
"What do you have?" Derek asks as he looks at the paramedic and Aurora and Meredith stand with him.

"Professor John Sturgeon, 48,fell out a fourth story window, has an open skull fracture and a blown pupil." The paramedic tells them as Derek looks at them.

"He fell?" He questioned her.

"He helped a dozen kids out the window and up onto the roof. Then he tried to go himself and slipped." The paramedic told them.

"He's herniating. Get him to the front of the line. Get him in the OR." Derek told them as Meredith and Aurora hurried to the O.R with the patient.
~

"See that bridging vein?" Derek says as he looks at Aurora.

"You'll have to compromise it if you're gonna pull the skull flap up." Aurora tells his as she watches him.

"Mm-hm." He says to her.

"I'll be right back.I'm gonna go update the wife again." Meredith tells them as she head towards the door of the O.R.

"Dr. Grey, you're a surgeon,not a social worker." Derek says to her as Rory watches them both.

"You can't spare me for five minutes? You have Rory." Meredith says to him.

"And we have a patient on the table." Derek says to her.

"That's not the whole story." Meredith says to him as Derek shakes his head.

"Don't start this again." Derek snaps at her.

"The other part of the story is that he's got a wife
who is panicking..." Meredith says to him.

"Fine. Go. Just let me concentrate." Derek snaps at her as he looks at Rory.

"I'll be quick." Meredith says as Aurora shakes her head at Derek as he looks at her confused but continues instead of asking her.
~
"Son of a bitch." Derek snaps as the monitors were going crazy.

"ICP is still 45." Aurora tells Derek.

"His brain is still swelling.We're gonna have to remove the other side." Derek says to them.

"You're gonna take off both sides of his skull?" Meredith says to him.

"We're gonna leave this strip here that covers up the superior sagittal sinus.Let's get the other side prepped." Derek says to them.

"Well, I'm gonna go update the wife." Meredith says as she walks towards the door.

"Since when are you so interested in updating the wife in the waiting room than doing this?" Derek says as he looks at Meredith.

"Since I was the wife in the waiting room, Derek Honestly, do you think you and Cristina are the only two who have ever been through a trauma?" Meredith says as she makes eye contact with Aurora.

"Do not bring Cristina back into this. You don't get to act like a spoiled little brat in my OR." Derek snaps at her as Rory glared at him.

"Why is it OK for Cristina to do whatever she wants, but it's not OK for me? Because I'm not hiding under
OR tables or bartending?" Meredith snaps at him.

"Meredith." Derek says to her as he sees Rory.

"Honestly, you and Cristina are so busy supporting each other,have you even noticed that I went through a trauma, too?I was the wife in the waiting room, Derek, and it's so hard to be the wife in the waiting room. So hard that I walked into the OR,
while the shooter had a gun to you, and told him to shoot me instead.That's how hard it is to be the wife in the waiting room.Excuse me. I'm gonna go update my patient." Meredith says to him as she walks out of the O.R as Derek looks at everyone before he looks at Aurora.

"OK. OK.I'm sorry. Let's continue on. You going to keep glaring at me Rory. You know I thought you'd be on my side." Derek says as Aurora shook her head.

"You might be my best friend but Meredith is also one my friends and I care about her you didn't see her that day the thought of losing you almost killed her. She lost your baby Derek and she could've lost you too no one could ever understand what she went through that day but you should be there for her always. You made a promise when you married her and I'm thankful to Cristina believe me I am she saved you and you mean so much to me but Meredith is hurting too and she's been getting through this all on her own." Aurora says to him as he thinks about what she says to him.
~
Aurora sat between Jackson and Alex as they watched Teddy and Cristina finishing up their surgery.

"We saw 26 patients.Twenty-six victims.And we had no casualties.No one died." Richard says to them as some were crying as the rest has solemn looks on their face as Alex looked at his twins sister as the two began amiss everyone ended up laughing.

"I hate this place." Stark commented as her left as they all continued to laugh.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••