Chapter 70

Rory put the twins into the car as she waited for Jackson. "Are you ready yet Avery?" She called out to her husband.

Jackson came out of the door moments later as he handed her the twins diaper bag as she pecked him on the lips. "Yeah just sorting out their bag." Jackson says as Rory puts into the car before going to the passenger seat as Jackson got into the drivers seat.

Rory looked at the time. "I think we're getting quicker at getting them out of the house." Rory says smiling at Jackson as he looked at the time.

"Maybe we should stop for coffee then." Jackson says as Rory smiles at him.

"You know me very well Dr Avery." She says as Jackson drove off.
~
Rory walked to into the skills lab with Jackson as they went to see Meredith's 3D printer. "Dr. Avery, Mrs. Maddox is here to get her drain removed,and I'll do it after the presentation." Leah told Jackson.

"I'll do it myself, Murphy." Jackson tells her as Rory looks at her husband.

"Really?Because I know the case..." Leah says to him as Jackson shook his head.

"Nah, I prefer to do it myself.Thanks." He tells her as he looks at Rory slightly confused by her expression.

"Good morning, everyone." Owen says as he walks in.

"Morning." Derek says as he stands beside Rory and Jackson.

"Grey-Sloan memorial has always valued innovation as a top priority.And today, the leader of this charge is Dr. Grey.We should all follow her in pushing the boundaries,moving medicine forward, finding new ways to innovate.Dr. Grey?" Owen says as he looks at Meredith.

"3-D printing will allow us to customize treatment
for an individual's specific needs Instead of ordering and waiting for an implant..." Meredith continued to speak.

"Do you see that?" Derek says to the Avery couple as he points at the man stood beside Meredith.

"The printer, yeah, it's cool." Jackson says to him.

"No, no, the guy next to her...With the eye twitch." Rory says looking at Derek and Jackson as Derek nods at her. As the three of them share a look.

"Eventually, even using a patient's own cells to prevent rejection.Welcome to the age of personalised medicine." Meredith says as she hold up a fork as Rory and Jackson smile at her as Derek claps for his wife.
~
"Uh, Harvey?" Rory says looking at the tech guy.

"Yes?Can I help you?" He asks looking at the trio.

"No, but I think we can help you.I can fix that. It'll take about 30 minutes." Derek says to him.

"Fix what?" He asks them confused.

"The twitch." Derek says to him.

"I don't know who you are,but frankly this is none of your business.And it's not a twitch," he tells them as Rory cuts him off.

"it's a... a hemifacial spasm.See I can decompress the nerve.It's minimally invasive. It's barely even a surgery." Rory and Derek tell him.

"Who the hell are you?" Harvey asks them.

"He's Derek Shepherd...one of the best neurosurgeons in the country. I really think you should let him fix it." Jackson says to him.

"And who are you?" He says looking at Jackson.

"Jackson Avery... plastics, E.N.T.I would really love to observe if that's cool with you." Jackson says to Harvey.

"No, that's not cool.Now if you'll excuse me,I haven't had a thing to eat all morning." Harvey says to them as Derek grabs his donut.

"If you don't eat, I can do it today." Derek says as he throws it away as he and Jackson go with Harvey as Rory went to check on her own patients.
~
"I go to his house, we eat dinner,we talk, we watch TV, we talk...we kiss, we... other stuff, and then we stop.I go home, and it's hard, you know,because it's not like I don't know what I'm missing.I know what I'm missing.What do I do?" April ranted to Rory as she was feeding Everly.

"Hmm? Well, okay, hold on.What exactly are you asking me?" Rory asks her friend not really knowing what to say.

"Well... how do I resist?" She asks her as Rory looks at her daughter then back at April.

"Maybe just try and focus on other parts of your relationship I mean I'm not the best person to ask. It very hard to resist my husband." Rory says as April pulls a face.

"Okay and I'm done with that topic. I can't believe how big these two are getting." She says looking at the twins.

"They'll be walking, talking and ripping the house apart soon." Rory says smiling at April laughed slightly shaking her head.
~
Rory put Parker into his swing as she went to answer the door. "Hey i wasn't expecting you." Rory says looking at her brother.

"Yeah well I brought take out and thought I could spend time with my niece and nephew." Alex says as he walks in holding up at bag.

"Your my favourite brother you know that." Rory says smiling at him as she takes the bag as Alex went over to the twins.
~
Alex was telling Rory about Meredith and Cristina as Meredith felt like she had something to prove. "Yang believes you can't have it all and Meredith believes she can." Alex says as Rory looks at him.

"I get both sides I mean Cristina everything is about surgery but Meredith has kids and is an amazing doctor too. But I do side with Meredith you can be a good mom and a good surgeon you shouldn't have to choose. But Cristina does have more time for it but they both made choices." Rory says to him as he nods eating his food.

"You manage just fine." Alex says as Rory looks at him and laughs.

"Jackson and I took along time to get to where we are now but yeah we're doing good. I get to do everything I want to do at work and I come home and do everything I have to do for my kids that's the life I chose. Cristina and Meredith just have to accept that things are changing and they both lead different lives and want different things." Rory says as Alex agree with her as they continued to catch up.