Chapter 48

Rory laid on the bed as Dr Ryan was looking for a fetal heartbeat as she's now 10 weeks pregnant as Alex walked into the room. "Hey sorry I'm late I had a patient." Alex says as he stands beside Rory as he didn't want her to go alone.

Dr Ryan ran the Doppler across the her stomach as Rory laid looking up at the ceiling as a sound filled the room as she looked at the screen. "There's the baby's heartbeat." Dr Ryan says with a small smile.

"Is the baby okay?" Rory asks as Dr Ryan faced the monitor to look at Rory.

"The baby looks good we've got a strong fetal heartbeat and they're measurements are looking good." Dr Ryan tells her as Rory nods her head slightly letting out a breath of relief.

"You going to tell Avery yet?" Alex asks his sister as Rory still hadn't told Jackson about the baby yet.

"Yeah maybe." Rory says wiping off the gel as Dr Ryan hands her a copy of the scan as she head to check on some of her patients.
~
Rory was checking over a patient in the E.R as Jackson walked over to her as presses his lips against hers. "You left early this morning everything okay?" He asks as Rory smiles at him.

"Yeah just had an early consult. Anyway I'll meet you for lunch." Rory says as Jackson nods placing a kiss on her head as he heads off.

Meredith looks up at her. "How did the scan go?" She asks her with a small smile.

"Yeah it went fine. Everything's good." Rory says as she heads off to her first surgery.
~
Rory had finished up her surgery as she took of her scrub cap as Bailey walked up to her. "When you get to the wedding tomorrow don't sit down." Bailey tells her as she walks past leaving Rory confused as she shakes it off and goes to meet Jackson for lunch.

"Is that what it's like having siblings?" Jackson asks talking about Derek and Lizzie arguing as Rory rolled her eye at him.

"Most of the time but they come good in the end at least Alex is." Rory says as Jackson smiles at her.

"You okay you seem like your somewhere else today?" Jackson asks as Rory smiles at him.

"Yeah I'm just tired you know all these surgeries especially with Derek out. I'm doing all his surgeries because I'm the only one who can do them." Rory says as Jackson kisses her cheek.

"Don't work yourself too hard you'll end up getting sick." Jackson says as Rory smiled as she loved how much he cared and how protective he was.
~
Rory laid in bed as Jackson was cuddled up behind her as he ran his hand up and down her side. "You still awake baby?" Jackson asks as Rory hums in response.

"Yeah how are you feeling about tomorrow?" Rory asks him as he looks at her.

"Yeah I feel good I just hope we can get enough nerve from Lizzie and that it all works out." Jackson says as Rory turns over to face him.

"You and Callie could be giving Derek the chance to do surgery again. But even if the nerve doesn't take all that can be done it to try but I'm hopeful that will and Derek can take his work load back." Rory says jokingly as Jackson smile at her and kisses her.

"Yes and maybe you can stop over working yourself before you make yourself Ill." Jackson says as Rory smiles at him.

"I know I just hope it all works out for him. At least something good has to happen from that plane crash." Rory says as Jackson gives her a small smile as her kisses her as she rests her head on his chest.

"I love you." Jackson says to his wife.

"I love you too." Rory says to him.
~
Rory was sat eating a packet of chips as she was looking over her patients file. She was trying to distract herself from Dereks surgery. Alex walked in as Rory looks up at him. "Why do you look like you've just shouted at someone?" Rory asks him.

"Wilson she went to Robbins because I let her do part of my surgery but I had to take over and made it out like I was doing it to see her fail." Alex tells her as Rory spins her chair side to side.

"That's what you get for being nice." Rory says amused as Alex rolls his eyes stealing some of her chips. "Hey your stealing food from you own niece or nephew now?" Rory asks as Alex looks at her and shakes his head.

"Are you using your own child to make me feel guilty? How did Avery take the news?" Alex asks her as Rory looks back at the patients file.

"I haven't told him yet." Rory says as Alex sits beside her looking confused.

"Why not? Your healthy the baby is healthy It'll be okay for him to know unless you don't want him to know for some reason?" Alex asks as Rory looks at him.

"I do want him to know I just want him to focus on this surgery. Also I'm trying to work out the best way to tell him." Rory says as Alex nods at her.

"Just get him a dad shirt or something." Alex says as Rory rolls her eyes at him.
~
Rory finished putting her dress on as walks out of the bathroom looking for her shoes as Jackson whistles at her as she looks at him. "Who knew my fantasy's of my hot surgeon wife would come true." Jackson says smirking as Alex gags, Meredith laughs and Rory blushes.

"You do look very handsome." Rory says as she pecks Jackson on the lips as he sorts out his bow tie as Rory looks at Alex as she sorts out his tie. "Have you got a date?" Rory asks him.

"I'm supposed to be going with Jo lets see if she shows. And only as friends before any of you say anything." Alex says as Rory smiles at him as she puts her shoes on.