9: Just you

Jan 9th - Prompt: I'm not leaving you

-------------------

"Ed are you okay?" Peter asked, frowning slightly as he watched his brother stare at his food, and he continued to do this even after Peter had spoken. "Ed?" He asked, frowning. "Edmund!"

Edmunds head snapped up, his eyes slightly wide at the raised voice. "What?" He murmered.

Peter frowned deeply. "I asked if you were okay." He told him, voice slow.

Edmynd blinked at him. "Yeah I'm fine." He mumbled, before going back to staring at his food.

"I don't believe you."

Edmund rolled his eyes, sighing. "I said I'm fine Peter." He grumbled.

Peter leant forward. "Don't lie to me." He said, voice sharp. "I know you."

Edmund hesitantly looked up, swallowing hard.

"Please?" Peter murmered, tone softening.

Edmund swallowed hard. "I'm just not feeling great." He whispered. "I'm so cold, freezing, and nothing I do will warm me up."

Peter sighed. "I guess it is January." He murmered. "And it is cold. You tried sitting by the fire?"

Edmund nodded. "I've been sat in the library reading all afternoon, by the fire and under a blanket." He muttered. "I'm still cold."

Peter was slightly concerned on how cold Edmund actually was, sure he was always colder than everyone else during winter, but him being this cold was worrying him. "Why don't you go and have a warm bath?" He suggested.

Edmund was silent for a while before nodding. "Yeah okay I'll try that." He whispered, standing.

"Before eating?" Peter asked. "You haven't touched it."

Edmund swallowed hard. "I'm really cold." He whispered. "I can't feel my feet, plus I'm not hungry, I ate a slice of Susan's cake whilst reading."

Peter didn't buy that for a second, but didn't want to press Edmund too much when there was clearly something wrong, so he just nodded.

Edmund gave him a small smile, and headed towards the door, only to stumble and have to grab the wall to stop himself from falling.

Peter stood and hurried over, wrapping an arm around his waist to support him. "Ed is something else wrong?" He asked.

Edmund shook his head. "No." He muttered. "Please leave me alone."

Peter's face fell. "Eddy." He whispered.

"Peter no." Edmund choked, pulling from Peter's arms. "I'm fine, I'm going to have a bath to warm myself up."

"You want me to-"

"You are not giving me a bath." Edmund snapped sharply, before stumbling from the room.

Peter watched him go, extremely worried now, but he knew Edmund wouldn't let him in that bathroom no matter what, so he didn't really have a choice but to leave him alone, so just shook his head and sat back down, deciding to give Edmund half an hour before going up to check on him.