153: Do I?

June 2nd - Prompt: A second chance

-------

"I really am sorry you know..." 

Peter looked up, stopping from where he'd been leaving the tent. He had thought Edmund was asleep, at least, he certainly had been, and he was scared he'd woken him up leaving. 

He stared at his brother, who had propped himself up on one elbow and was staring at him with half open eyes, but even then Peter could still see every bit of pain and suffering his brother was feeling. 

He noticed after a moment that Edmund's lip had split open again, and blood was currently rolling down his chin, so he slowly headed back over, grabbing his handkerchief and placing it gently to the cut.

Edmund winced and jerked away, eyes squeezing shut, but after a while he relaxed and let Peter clean away the blood. "I am." He whispered suddenly. 

Peter swallowed hard. "I know you are." He murmured, staring at the yellow bruise on Edmund's cheek as he tended to his lip. 

Edmund lowered his eyes to the ground. "I don't know why you're helping me like this." He admitted after a while, flinching when Peter pulled away the handkerchief.

Peter sighed. "Because everyone deserves a second chance Ed." He murmured. "You included." 

Edmund stared at him, tears in his eyes before he quickly looked away. "Do I?" He choked. 

Peter frowned a little. "Yes." He said, his voice firm as he grabbed Edmund's hand. "You deserve a second chance, no matter what She told you."

Edmund swallowed hard at the mention of the witch, but didn't say anything else. 

"You should get back to sleep." Peter told him after a while of silence. "You're exhausted." 

Edmund nodded slowly. "I'll try." He whispered. 

Peter stared at him. "You're in pain?" He all but whispered. 

Edmund swallowed hard, shrugging before turning over and laying down, his back to Peter. 

"Ed?" Peter asked, sounding worried. 

Edmund sighed. "Please just let me sleep." He whispered, voice choked. 

Peter bit his lip, before sighing and nodding. "Alright." He murmured. "But when you wake up we'll have to sort out your injuries properly." 

Edmund only replied with a hesitant nod, before burying himself under the blankets. 

Peter sighed. "Night." He whispered. 

A pause. "Morning." 

Peter couldn't help but smile.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡♡☆
Uploading this with Data instead of WiFi as I'm away so hoping it works 😂🥰