86: I deserved that

March 27th - Prompt: The lakes

----------

"Seriously, who's idea was this?"

"Mine." Peter grinned, gripping his fishing rod in his hand.

"And why did you come up with this idea?" Edmund asked.

"Well," Peter said dramatically. "I thought, what have we never done together (in England I mean), that could be fun, and I came up with fishing."

Edmund glared at him. "What's fun about fishing?" He asked. "All you do is sit there, we havent caught one fish!"

"Come on Ed, lighten up." Peter chuckled.

"I'm finding that very hard nowadays." Edmund grumbled. "Being stuck here in England, for the rest of my life, sucks."

Peter stared at him for a while before sighing. "You learn to cope with the pain Ed, it gets easier." He said gently. "Trust me."

Edmund swallowed hard but nodded, after all, of course he trusted his brother.

"Now come on, I planned this trip so we can spend some time together." Peter told him. "After all we've been apart for more months that I would've liked, so let's have some fun."

Edmund gave him a small smile, but with the grin of Peter's face he couldn't stay upset for long.

The two sat there together talking for a while, before Peter became the first of them to successfully catch a fish.

It wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny either, and Edmund could tell he was proud of it, making him laugh. "Kiss it." He joked.

Peter stared open mouthed at his brother. "That's gross." He muttered.

Edmund laughed. "It would be funny though." He said.

Peter shook his head, but released the fish back into the lake, sitting back down beside his brother again. "The water looks nice doesn't it..."

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "It's green." He said slowly.

"It is?" Peter asked, peering closer. "Are you sure?"

Edmund was rather suspicious now. "Yes... I'm sure." He said.

Peter nodded. "Perhaps you should have a closer look." He said casually.

Edmund jumped up and ran away from the waters edge. "You throw me in that lake and I swear I will kill you." He threatened.

Peter grinned. "Why on earth would I do that?" He said sweetly.

"Peter John Pevensie I mean it." Edmund said as Peter too stood and turned to him.

Peter only shrugged. "You could do with a bath." He said.

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "If you throw me in there I'm gonna need more than just a bath." He said. "It's horrible in there!"

Peter was trying to keep back a laugh, but was failing miserably. "Oh come on, lighten up." He teased.

Edmund snorted. "Besides, I'm too old for you to throw me in there." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm too tall, you could never pick me up."

Peter raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge?" He asked. "Oh Eddy, you may be tall, but you still aren't taller than me. Plus, you underestimate my strength."

"I know how strong you are Peter, you've been this age before remember?" Edmund said, but he sounded nervous, because he did indeed know how strong Peter was.

Peter laughed, and walked over until he was stood right in front of Edmund, who looked up at him.

Before Edmund could even open his mouth to say anything, Peter had grabbed him by the legs and flung him over his shoulder.

He struggled slightly, but managed it eventually, and Edmund's eyes went wide. "Put me down!" He snapped. "Peter!"

Peter laughed. "I'll run you a bath when we get home don't worry." He said, walking towards the lake.

"I won't need a bath if you don't throw me in!" Edmund exclaimed. "I had one last night, I mean it Peter, don't-"

But it was too late, he was in the lake before he could finish his sentence.

He surfaced, gasping in the cold water, before glaring up at Peter who was laughing way too much for his liking. "I hate you." He grumbled, floating there, absolutely drenched with some horrible green stuff stuck in his hair.

"Oh I wish I had a camera." Peter laughed. "You look ridiculous."

Edmunds glare got harder, but after all, it was done now, there was no point still being salty about it, and anyway, Edmund was fighting to keep the smile off his face at Peter's laugh.

He let himself break as he climbed back onto dry land, giving Peter a grin. "You got way too much fun out of that." He said.

Peter snorted. "You have no idea." He chuckled.

Edmund rolled his eyes dramatically. "At least now we have an excuse to go home." He said with a shrug.

Peter smiled. "I dunno, why don't we check out the next lake?" He said.

Edmund nearly laughed. "What, so you can throw me in that one too?" He guessed. "I think I'll pass."

"You're no fun." Peter teased.

Edmund smirked. "Am I not?" He said in the sweetest voice he could, before he shoved Peter hard, and he fell with a loud splash in the lake.

Once recovered, Peter surfaced and glared at his brother, but the glare soon melted away at the look on Edmunds face. "Okay, yeah." He murmured, flicking wet hair from his eyes. "I deserved that."

Edmund grinned. "You certainly did."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡