176: Go to sleep

June 25th - Prompt: Books

---------

"Go to sleep Edmund."

Edmund jumped, glancing across the room at Peter, who was laying in his bed, buried under the covers. "Let me just finish this chapter." He told him.

"You said that half an hour ago." Peter grumbled. "Turn that torch off."

"I won't be able to see if I do that." Edmund said, keeping his voice quiet.

"Can't you finish the chapter tomorrow?" Peter asked. "Because I would very much like to sleep."

Edmund sighed. "Fine." He muttered, marking his place in his book before placing it on his bedside table, next to the many other books he had.

"Thank you." Peter muttered. "Now go to sleep, or you'll be exhausted in the morning."

"It's not that late." Edmund argued quietly, but he switched the torch off and lay down anyway, pulling the covers over him.

"Goodnight Edmund." Peter said somewhat forcefully.

Edmund sighed. "Goodnight." He breathed, before turning over and closing his eyes.

But he stayed awake, and when he heard the deep breaths of his brother which told him that Peter was definitely asleep, he climbed completely under the duvet with a book and his torch, grinning to himself as he started reading again.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡