157: Lonely

June 6th - Prompt: You will be found

----------

'Let that lonely feeling wash away'

For the last year or so of his life, Edmund had felt alone. He felt like no one loved him, he felt like no one wanted to be around him, he felt like no one cared about him... he felt so alone it hurt.

He felt alone when his Dad left for war.

He felt alone when he went to a new school.

He felt alone whilst hanging around with his new friends.

He felt alone when in the country.

He felt alone at the Professors.

He felt alone when he was with the witch... so very, painfully alone.

Those few days were the days he felt the loneliest, and he hated every single second of them. Hated the fear, hated the pain, hated the hunger, the thirst, the exhaustion, but out of all of it, he hated the loneliness the most.

He felt alone as he walked down the hill towards his siblings, spotting Peter's unreadable, maybe slightly cold look, and his shoulders hunched.

He knew he wasn't really alone, Aslan was with him after all, but after he left, and he was left with his three siblings, he felt so alone he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

But then everything changed.

The second he saw Lucy take a single step forward, his heart leapt.

She ran at him, wrapping her tiny arms around his waist and squeezing tight.

And all of a sudden, Edmund didn't feel quite so alone anymore, that feeling washed away with just a single hug from his little sister.

He hugged her back, wrapping his arms weakly and gently around her shoulders and resting his cheek against her warm hair, taking a deep breath to keep back the tears.

And as he felt a hand land on his arm, he knew, finally, that he had never been alone, he wasn't alone, and he never would be.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆