75: A place that doesn't exist - Part one

March 16th - Prompt: Trap

----------

"EDMUND DON'T! IT'S A TRAP!"

Edmund swung around, his eyes wide, before something hit him on the back of his head, and everything went black

☆☆☆

Edmund didn't know how much longer it was before he finally came around, but the fact that he was cruely tied up, and in a prison cell, told him it must of been a while.

He sat there for a moment, testing the chains and ropes tying him to the wall, and after a short while realised that there was no escape, especially seeming as their was a chain around his neck, the other end hammered into the floor, stopping any thoughts of freedom.

He swallowed hard, taking a deep breath and forcing back the tears that were threatening to fall... he would certainly not be crying anytime soon.

Once he was awake enough, he glanced slowly around the cell he was in.

It was cold and dark, freezing water dripping from the ceiling and occasional slipping down his back, making him shudder or flinch every time.

A door made of iron bars stood in the corner, but no matter how much Edmund tried, he was sat in the wrong place to try and see outside.

The walls and floor were made of solid stone, the ceiling stone as well, and the room was completely empty, except for him of course.

He managed to lean back against the wall, it wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't exactly comfortable either, but he'd only been sat like that for a little while before he heard the unmistakable sound of footsteps.

He hesitantly sat up straight, listening closely as his heart hammered.

"You reckon he's awake now?"

The voice was far away, but Edmund could easily hear it because of the way it echoed through the place, making him feel more uncomfortable that he already was.

"Probably." Came another voice. "I don't think I hit him hard enough."

"Now, now." The voice was female, and made Edmund shudder. "I did say not to harm him too much, not yet anyway."

Edmund swallowed hard, waiting before the sound of a key reached his ears. Did they honestly need to lock the door? There was no way he was getting free of the chains anyway.

It felt like an eternity before the door was finally pushed open, and Edmund watched as a woman and a man walked into the cell.

The woman was tall and rather quite pretty, she carried a sword, and had her dark hair scraped back into a tight bun.

The man wore tattered clothes, but carried a sword and a knife, and looked the opposite of friendly.

"Hmmm, you were right." The woman said somewhat gently, staring at Edmund but talking to the man.

The man glared at Edmund, walking slowly over to him and kicking him in the side. "He's looking a bit peaky don't you think?" He smirked.