158: You do

June 7th - Prompt: Well done

---------

'Welcome to the place where you belong'

Edmund smiled as he watched his sisters splash around in the sea, the sun setting behind them and their dresses sparkling in the light.

It was the night before their coronation, and whilst they were all nervous, they'd come to the decision to stay, after all, they couldn't just leave, not after everything they'd done for this place.

Edmund glanced to his left when Peter plonked himself down in the sand beside him, breathing out warmly and smiling. "It's good to see them having some fun." He pointed out.

Edmund agreed with a smile of his own. "It really is." He breathed.

Peter nodded slowly. "Isn't it weird to think that we belong here?" He said slowly.

Edmund glanced at him. "You really think we do?" He asked.

Peter eventually turned to face him. "You do." He said quietly, before continuing. "Narnia's good for you, I can't remember the last time I saw you this relaxed and happy, I mean that."

Edmund went red and turned away, pulling his knees up to his chest.

Peter chuckled softly. "You belong here Ed." He said. "That's part of the reason I wanted to stay, I can't be the one who rips this away from you."

Edmund swallowed hard, shifting uncomfortably before taking a deep breath.

Peter was silent for a while before he placed a hand on Edmunds shoulder. "You know it's true." He breathed, before standing and walking off towards his sisters.

Edmund was left alone, and after a while he allowed himself to smile a little, Peter was right after all.

He'd finally found a place where he belonged.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆