45: I'm here

February 14th - Prompt: Forgiveness

-------------

🌟 Request :) Hope you enjoy it ;)
⚠️ Trigger warning: Self harm

--------------

Peter swallowed hard as he paced back and forth his room, running a hand through his hair every so often and making it stick up on end every time.

He glanced at the clock, 12:30am, he was getting worried now... really worried.

Edmund had said he needed to get some fresh air, that he needed to be alone to clear his thoughts, that he needed a walk, and that he needed to be alone... but that had been at 10pm, two and a half hours ago, and Peter couldn't help but worry.

He knew Edmund was struggling right now, it had been a year since the Witch, a year since he had left his family, a year since all that torture and pain, and it was just too much for him, Peter knew that. His brother had never dealt with anything like this before, an anniversary of a traumatic event? 13 year olds don't usually go through that.

Peter sighed, sitting down on the edge of his bed and once again running a hand through his hair, but he stopped dead half way through when the door clicked and opened a little.

Peter held his breath, heart pounding, and he was so, so relieved when Edmund stepped quietly into the room, his shoulders hunched and his head down, visibly shaking.

He was going to shout, wanted so badly to, to let Edmund know how much he'd scared him, but when he saw just how badly his brother was shaking he frowned. "Ed?" He murmured, slowly walking over and stopping just in front of him. "Ed you're shaking..."

He went to reach out for him, but Edmund flinched away, wincing as he did.

"Edmund?" Peter asked slowly. "What's wrong?"

Edmund said nothing, he didn't even look at Peter.

"You've been gone for hours, I was worried." Peter tried.

But still Edmund said nothing.

"Where did you go?"

Silence.

"What were you doing?"

Peter watched as a flicker of panic crossed Edmund's eyes, and he quickly shook his head, turning to leave.

But as he turned he stumbled, his legs giving out as he fell towards the floor, Peter only just managing to catch him before he landed.

Peter was shocked, and slowly lowered Edmund to the ground, leaning him against the door and staring at him.

Edmund was avoiding eye contact, and Peter was really beginning to worry. "You better start telling me what is going on or I swear I will figure it out myself." He snapped, but there was no anger, only fear, and anyone could tell that.

Edmund swallowed hard, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment before bringing his legs up to his chest and hugging them loosely, flinching as he did.

"Edmund." Peter murmured.