73: I really, really do

March 14th - Prompt: Appreciate

------------

"Peter?"

Peter's head snapped up and he quickly wiped at his eyes, shaking his head a little as he did.

"What's wrong?" Edmund stood there, unsure of what to do, he never saw Peter cry, the last time he could remember him crying was the other week at Beruna, and that night too.

"N - Nothing." Peter replied, standing and walking out onto the balcony.

Edmund followed after him, stopping at his side and glancing up. "Why were you crying?" He asked.

Peter swallowed hard. "No reason." He murmured, shrugging.

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "Peter..." He sighed, his voice somewhat firm.

Peter stared out across the woods, before sighing a little. "It was all my fault." He whispered after what felt like an eternity of silence.

Edmund nearly facepalmed. "No it wasn't Peter." He breathed.

"How can you say that?" Peter choked out. "After everything I did to you, after the way I acted towards you-"

"Peter stop and listen." Edmund sighed. "It was not your fault. Look, I appreciate everything you've done for me over the past month or so, and yes, I appreciate the stuff even before Narnia, someone had to tell me off for the way I was behaving, and I appreciate the fact that you didn't hesitate."

"I was too hard on you Ed." Peter mumbled.

Edmund shook his head. "Because I was too hard on the rest of you." He told him. "I made our lives a living hell-"

"I wouldn't go that far Ed." Peter cut him off.

"Well, close enough." Edmund corrected. "Look, we've had this conversation before, and what does it always end with?"

Peter frowned.

"It always ends with you giving me a hug." Edmund said with a shrug. "So why don't we skip to that part and forget this conversation completely?"

Peter was unable to hold back the small smile that crept onto his face at Edmunds sentence, and didn't hesitat in pulling him close.

"I really do appreciate everything you've done." Edmund whispered from where he'd buried his face against Peter's shoulder.

Peter took a deep, shaky breath. "And I appreciate everything you've done." He whispered. "I really, really do."

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆